DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Posted Mar 31, 2016 02:24 AM

Tried to do the business transaction recording under CEM>>Administration>>Recording Session, after I clicked on record, then I continue to perform the transaction. How long it takes in order for the recorded transactions to be listed under "Triage Map" or "Business Segment"? I have recorded the same transaction and performed numbers of same transactions, it just does not listed in Investigator.

p/s: there are successfully recorded and listed transactions, but there are also one or two transactions recorded and does not listed.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 02:32 AM

Hello,

Do you see all the expected Business Transactions reported under the CEM UI Reports or under the CEM node in the Investigator (from RTTM btstats metrics)?

If yes then it sounds like some Business Parameter matching problem with the agent for some of the BTs so they are missing from the agent Business Segment node.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 07:45 AM

To follow up on Lynn's note

- an Agent log in DEBUG will provide details on matching issues. If using RTTM, the adding BTStats/Loglevel=2 will show what is going on with the TIM and MTP. Failing that, please open a case so we can help you resolve this

• 4.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Posted Mar 31, 2016 11:07 PM

where can i find the Agent log/debug?

• 5.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:56 PM

Hello,

I can see the recorded BTs under CEM>>Service Level Management,Incident Management, Performance Report; it does not listed in the Investigator for me to create metric grouping on it.

Do we have any reference/ best practice when we configure on the Business Parameter matching?

Is there anyway to check when the recorded BTs having Business Parameter matching problem with the agent?

Thanks and regards,

Poh Chie

• 6.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 01, 2016 12:17 AM

Hi Poh Chie ,

1) Ensure that introscope settings are configured in CEM console. There is a 'Introscope settings' tab in CEM UI.

2) Ensure that RTTM service is in 'Running'state

1. In the administrator console, select Setup, Services.
        2. Click TIM Collection Service.
          The TIM Collection Services pane appears.
        3. Verify that the RTTM Collection Service is running and the TIMs are enabled.

3) Configure CA CEM as a virtual agent.

1. In <EM_HOME>/<MOM_HOME> , edit the agent_clusters.xml and uncomment the CEM agent portions.

4) May be a restart of EM will be helpful. Then in Investigator , check if you can see CEM agent node (on top of the Investigator tree) and also a node having your TIM Collector hostname , under which you will be able to see Business Service you created in CEM.

Geethu

• 7.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Posted Apr 01, 2016 12:20 AM

From the agent side , you need to enable the decorator

1. Ensure that ServletHeaderDecorator.pbd

2. Set introscope.agent.decorator.enabled=true in IntroscopeAgent.profile

3. Restart the application instance.

In IntroscopeAgent.profile , you can turn the INFO mode of logging to DEBUG mode and then verify the logs.

Geethu

• 8.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2016 06:53 AM

Dear Poh:

Please let us know if the answers provided are sufficient or additional help is needed

Thanks

Hal

• 9.  Re: Business Transaction Recorded but does not listed under Triage Map and Business Segment

Posted Apr 08, 2016 03:05 AM

Hi Hal,

Ya, the answer provided is good.

Thanks and regards,
    Poh Chie