DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Introscope agent for CICS Java applications

Posted Nov 06, 2015 06:12 AM

Hi all folks,

we use lots of Java application inside CICS TS on zOS Systems. In the past we use Jinside to analyse problems and do some profiling inside the Java applications.

In general we use Introscope to do this job on AIX, Solaris and Linux Systems for Java Websphere and Liberty Profile applications. I have a look to the Introscope documentation and it seems to me, Introscope can be used on zOS Systems in the same way, but not inside a CICS TS.

Has anyone some experience in using Introscope on zOS systems?

Is this right, Introscope does not support CICS TS Java applications (only the CICS TG)?

With regards,

Lutz

• 2.  Re: Introscope agent for CICS Java applications

Posted Nov 06, 2015 08:05 AM

Hi Lutz,

I really don’t know enough about CICS TS to be of much help. I know we don’t test this, so we would have a very hard time helping you, however chances are that if a Java Process is being spawned, it’s very likely that you can attach a Java Agent to it… (I wouldn’t know where to start, but I’m guessing it might not be impossible).

Regs,

Florian.

• 3.  Re: Introscope agent for CICS Java applications

Posted Nov 06, 2015 08:50 AM

Hi Florian,

I know, I can' t find any hint in the documentation.

But, we use Introscope on Mac OS X Java applications, this is not documented, but works well.

Therefore my post, maybe someone successfuly test Introscope with CICS TS Java applications.

Have a nice weekend,

Lutz

• 4.  Re: Introscope agent for CICS Java applications
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 12:22 PM

Hi Lutz,

we have had similar inquiries in the past but the use case is so rare that we do not officially support it although I think I remember that at least one customer did this successfully. Please work with Stig_Skilbred and Andre Safavi to get more information.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 5.  Re: Introscope agent for CICS Java applications

Posted Nov 10, 2015 08:54 AM

Hi Guenter,

thanks for your hint.

Lutz