DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Send log messages from EM to syslog

Posted May 31, 2016 05:47 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to send log Enterprise Manager messages to syslog without a daemon rsyslog watcher.

Thanks by advance

• 2.  Re: Send log messages from EM to syslog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 05:19 AM

Hi Philippe:

I asked internally several times for people to respond

No one has responded to this so assuming the answer is either no or no one knows how to do this. Marking as answered

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Send log messages from EM to syslog
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2016 10:47 AM

Hi,

Have you tried/checked if the com.wily implementation for log4j classes support (Google for  log4j.appender.SYSLOG=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender examples [probably try with the prefix com.wily.org.apache...] and http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/net/SyslogAppender.html)?

Many years ago I was looking for a log4j appender that does file rotation by date and size at the same time, but the Manager's log4j implementation was too ancient.  I gave up and moved on, thus I have not checked if the latest v10 supports a later version.

Regards,

Fred

• 4.  Re: Send log messages from EM to syslog

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:55 AM

Thanks Fred,

I implement the syslog appender com.wily.org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender. It works with a daemon installed on the localhost. The property SyslogHost not accept a remote syslog server <host:port> because not support by the log4j version wrapped by Introscope.

Regards,