DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SQL Normalization but not in Traces

Posted Jun 10, 2016 02:38 AM

Hi Experts,

I am looking for some help on how to enable SQL normalization but only till Investigator - and not in Traces.
    So if I enable SQL normalization, then also I should be getting SQL Queries details in Traces.

Any way so that we can get it?

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 2.  Re: SQL Normalization but not in Traces

Posted Jun 12, 2016 10:55 PM

Hi Team,

Any comments on this ?
    Any issue with understanding the requirement, then please let me know.

Appreciate your quick help and response.

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• 3.  Re: SQL Normalization but not in Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi Vaibhav:

I will let people know internally that you would like an initial response

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: SQL Normalization but not in Traces
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 08:38 AM

If you wanted through normal means to turn off normalization so it would appear in traces, it would also appear that way  in traces.

There is a SQL params field pack (agent extension) that will give you the information in transaction traces, it would give the actual bind values based with the connection, effectively giving you un-normalized data but really giving you more that the metrics show.

It is a supported field pack so it is something we can work on with engineering if you see issues with it.

At this stage, this sort of thing is best distributed through support cases so if you make a request for SQL Params supported field pack, it can be put onto a case for you.

• 5.  Re: SQL Normalization but not in Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi :

Let us know if you plan to follow the field pack or if follow-up questions. Or if we can mark this thread as closed since the next item would be a Support Case

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: SQL Normalization but not in Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2016 09:48 AM

There was no followup questions or reply given to my note. So marking as answered.