DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 27, 2016 01:43 AM

Hi,

Can some one let me know the procedure to hot-deploy the config files without recycling the cluster.

i need to make few threshold changes on apm-events-thresholds-config.xml files.

Thanks

Manju

• 2.  Re: CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 27, 2016 05:11 AM

Hi Manju,

Once you make changes to apm-events-thresholds-config.xml  , it will take into effect immediately. EM checks any changes to that file every 60 seconds and activate those changes.

Geethu

• 3.  Re: CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 27, 2016 05:21 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.

Will it work with v9.1.5.0?

Thanks

Manju

• 4.  Re: CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 27, 2016 05:32 AM

Hi Manju ,

Yes , it will work with 9.1.5 as well.

Once you save the file , you can check the log file. You will find a related entry.

Geethu

• 5.  Re: CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:32 AM
      |   view attached

Post the hot-fix historical metric clamp has vanished from status console but not the agent.metric.limit

Any reason

Thanks

Manju

• 6.  Re: CA APM - Hot Deploy the config

Posted Apr 28, 2016 10:47 AM

Hello Manju,

agent.metrics.limit has a different property in apm-events-thresholds-config.xml file. There are multiple fixes for this.

1) You need to increase this clamp limit if you dont want to see this but this is not advisable

2) You can do smartstor cleanup but again that rogue agent will keep on sending too many metrics and smartstor will fill it again

3) The real fix is to find that agent which is sending too many metrics and have to work on agent fine-tuning. Use metrics count and EM logs to find the problematic agent.

I had worked with Dan for few scenarios on this so he must understand this in a better way. Harish can also help you on this.

Thanks,

Karthik