DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to capture IIS worker process memory usage with CA APM .NET Agent ?

Posted Aug 25, 2015 02:14 AM

Hello Experts,

Can anybody share some idea about how to capture IIS Worker Process memory usage in a windows server. There are no perfmon counter available for this. Is there any way around? We are working with APM r9.6.

Regards,

Amit.

• 2.  Re: How to capture IIS worker process memory usage with CA APM .NET Agent ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2015 02:34 AM

Hello Amit,

I think you need to monitor the available Perfmon "Process" metrics relating to memory for the w3wp process

Is this different to your request Corelating Perfmon Memory Metrics for Diagnostics previously answered by Hiko? Hiko_Davis

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: How to capture IIS worker process memory usage with CA APM .NET Agent ?

Posted Aug 25, 2015 03:44 AM

Thanks Lynn,

I am aware of the w3wp Process instance for which we can get a couple of information from the perfmon counters. However I didn't find any counter which can depict the memory consumption of the particular process. I am looking for other way around, if there is any. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Amit.

• 4.  Re: How to capture IIS worker process memory usage with CA APM .NET Agent ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2015 04:37 AM

Memory counters per process are available on the "Process" counter group.

• 5.  Re: How to capture IIS worker process memory usage with CA APM .NET Agent ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2015 12:52 AM

... and Amit  "Working Set" is probably what you are looking for to get the "Memory Usage" e.g see this explanation:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6608ebac-a7ec-43b0-88d6-e8d95ab8d9cd/memory-usage-vs-memory-private-working-set?forum=perfmon

process_working_set.jpg

Hope this helps.