DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to find out the malfunctioning metrics on a clamped agent?

Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:14 AM

Hi All,

is there any way how to spot the malfunctioning metrics on a clamped agent?

the agent shows just ~1500 normally used metrics at the moment and there is no hint to any malfunctioning metric category.

unfortunately, i couldnt find any command to list all the (historical) metrics for a specific agent via smartstortool.

so my issue is that if i dont know the malfunctioning metrics, i cant delete them and they'll keep in the smartsore till introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.tier3.age, so no new metrics can be displayed/sent from this agent.

and to delete the whole agent is not the wanted solution, better i'd like to find some general solution that could be applied in the future as well.

any idea how to proceed please?

thank you,

stefan

• 2.  Re: how to find out the malfunctioning metrics on a clamped agent?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:19 AM

Hi Stefan,

The metric count tab with the pie chart also works historically, if you change the time range to 7 days or 30 days, or even then a custom range for the agent, it should show which metrics, historically, have caused the agent to be clamped.

Smartstor Tools can't be used for a time range anyway so all it will eventually tell you is which metrics it is but that can be up to 1 year, or however long the tier1+tier2+tier3 age values are for Smartstor.

Thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: how to find out the malfunctioning metrics on a clamped agent?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:22 AM

agent_historical_metric_count.png

It's not an example of an agent with bad historical data but just an example of how to look at it

• 4.  Re: how to find out the malfunctioning metrics on a clamped agent?

Posted Feb 16, 2016 05:26 AM

Hi David,

nice!

thank you,

stefan