DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Hello

Posted Aug 11, 2016 07:28 AM

Hello I am currently working on a POC(Proof of concept ) for CA APM and i have run into countless issues, but these current issues are what would determine if the deal can be close. We are supposed to monitor Three Application 1 mobile app and two web based application. The issues are as below;

1. On the mobile banking application, we were made to know by understand consultant that the application CEM monitoring is not possible because it’s only a mobile based app for which another component call MAA (Mobile App Analytics) needs to be installed. We how ever got in contact with an APM consultant from eastern Europe, who mentioned for the sake of a poc Mobile application monitoring can be achieved irrespective of no APM.
    2. We setup a Red-hat Linux server for the installation of TIM, then the issue of port span came up. That there is need for the server hosting the Mobile App and Tim sever to be on the same switch and Port span configured between there ports and the customer cannot setup Rspan across there network, so the only option we have is to move servers around to make the test possible.

Please I need urgent advice on how to resolve these issues, or stand losing this opportunity.

Regards

Valentine

+2347035444619.

• 2.  Re: Hello
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 09:34 AM

Hi Valentine:

This seems like multiple complex issues best dealt with your POC account team or a webex and a Support case. I would focus first on getting MAA and APM up, then the non-web apps, then the mobile app

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Hello

Posted Aug 11, 2016 12:35 PM

Hello Hal;

I have already successfully setup the APM,TIM,Introscope Agents for the applications i want to monitor. I have also configured the property on the startup script of the java application and also on the JVM of WebSphere admin console.

I can monitor the WebSphere application but cannot perform transaction and performance monitoring of the mobile application without the use of the MAA.

Is there a way around to show this without MAA since this is just a POC .

Regards

• 4.  Re: Hello

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 12:38 PM

If it's a web application, use Browser Agent; otherwise, you will need MAA.