DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Postgres Installation issue

Posted May 04, 2016 12:11 AM

Hi All,

While Installing the PostgresSQL in Linux 7.2 for CA APM 10.2 facing the below issue.

Database Installation failed

Introscope_10.2.0.27_InstallLog.log error:

Execute Script/Batch file:   Create DB

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

Execute Script/Batch file:   Create Tables using com.wily.apm.dbtools.jar

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

Execute Script/Batch file:   Upgrade Tables using com.wily.apm.dbtools.jar

Execute Script/Batch file:   Change permissions on lax files

Create Database Failed

Additional Notes: ERROR - (STDOUT: )

Note: Tried to Install Postgres manually by rpm package it is getting successfully installed.

And one more important thing is /tmp does not have enough disk space, Is that could be a concern if yes what could be the size of the temp directory

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 2.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 12:44 AM

Hi Winkle,

The required /tmp space should not be significiant but permissions would be if /tmp does not have write permission for root.

The install script will try to create a "prerun_checks.sh" shell script below /tmp and also generate a postgres install log there "/tmp/install-postgresql.log"

If that does not resolve it I work with setol02 as I see you have raised a case.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Posted May 04, 2016 02:18 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks Lynn, I have already granted full permission to /tmp by chmod 777 /tmp command even though facing the same issue.

Still facing the same issue

Regards,

Winkle

• 4.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 02:35 AM

Hi Winkle,

If /tmp is a separate filesystem also make sure it was actually mounted rw & not ro. The "mount" command will confirm.

If that does not apply I have given Olympia some other suggestions in the case.

Thanks

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Posted May 04, 2016 02:57 AM

Thanks Alot

• 6.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Posted May 04, 2016 07:13 AM

Hi All,

After further Investigating with CA Support with the below steps:

1. Go to EM_HOME/install/database-install/linux

2. Edit install-postgres-as-root.sh

3. Comment "set -e" and add "set -x" instead

4. Run the script like this to capture the output in install.out when it fails

"./install-postgres-as-root.sh /<some_install_directory> postgres postgres true 5432 > installer.out 2>&1"

Got the following Error in installer.out file:

"+ ./postgresql-9.2.9-3-linux-x64.run --serverport 5432 --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --prefix /root/CAAPM/Introscopedb/ --datadir /root/CAAPM/Introscopedb//data --superpassword postgres

Error running /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh  : /bin/sh: /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh: Permission denied"

On further Analyzing this issue in /tmp directory bitrock_installer file got the below error:

umask 0077

mkdir "/tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860"

if [ $? -ne 0 ];

then

exit 100

fi

Script stderr:

/bin/sh: /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh: Permission denied

Error running /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh  : /bin/sh: /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh: Permission denied

Error running /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh  : /bin/sh: /tmp/postgresql_installer_82d513b860/prerun_checks.sh: Permission denied

Need your help in order to resolve this issue, how can I grant the permission to all the files present or to be part of /tmp directory.

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

Attachment(s)

zip
    installer.out.zip   907 B 1 version

• 7.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 08:18 AM

Hi Winkle:

I looked at your two cases (one was closed as a duplicate)  yesterday on this topic,There are a variety of articles on how /tmp should be set up. Here is one such article:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/71622/what-are-common-rights-for-tmp-i-unintentionnally-set-it-all-public-recursive

Thanks

Hal German

• 8.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 10:50 AM

Hi Winkie,

In addition to Hal's suggestion:

The problem seems to be that you are having /tmp mounted with NOEXEC and can be preventing the postgres scripts to run in the tmp folder. This could be resolved by setting it up to EXEC.

Below a post with the same error and where you can find the solution:

/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied when installing Postgres on Linux - OpenClinica

hope it helps

Thanks

Jose

• 9.  Re: Postgres Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 07:36 PM

I also found exisitng Postgres install KB but it starts with premise that permissions is the root cause:

Postgres Database Install fails with Permission error: Error running /tmp/postgresql_installer_6dd168a903/prerun_checks.sh : /bin/sh: /tmp/postgresql_installer_6dd168a903/prerun_checks.sh: Permission denied

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1288905.aspx

I will add new KB with Winkle's initial error symptoms & point it to above.

• 10.  Re: Postgres Installation issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2016 03:52 AM

Thanks Alot Lynn,Joe and Olympia for your help and support.

Actually it was the issue with the /tmp directory mount permission. Joe was right. rw permission was there for /tmp file however exec permission was required for the folder.

Solution: sudo mount -o remount,exec /dev/mapper/vg01-tmp /tmp^C

Regards,

Winkle