DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SQL Server for MAA 16.1

Posted May 02, 2016 09:56 PM

Hello everyone,

Meeting in MAA documentation that no longer supports SQL Server, but the installation process the option to choose between Oracle and SQL Server are still present. Can I use this option to work with SQL Server?

• 2.  Re: SQL Server for MAA 16.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2016 10:25 PM

Hi Martin,

Good question

Yes the Release Notes & Supportability Matrix state Oracle only (15.4 also supported SQL Server 2012 & 2014)

CA MAA Release Notes - CA Mobile App Analytics® - 16.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Supportability Matrix - CA Mobile App Analytics® - 16.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

I checked internally and SQL Server support has definitely been withdrawn for 16.1 so please assume the installer was not correctly updated and choose the Oracle option.

I will also download it and confirm myself & then raise a Defect with Engineering.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: SQL Server for MAA 16.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2016 10:09 PM

Hi Martin,

I confirmed your observations in-house and I will raise a defect with Engineering

Also the 16.1 wiki still has references to "SQL Server" in the install/upgrade sections, so I have asked for those to be removed as well.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: SQL Server for MAA 16.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 12:20 PM

SQL support is to be added back to MAA 16.1 as a patch.

• 5.  Re: SQL Server for MAA 16.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 07:55 PM

UPDATE:

There has been a change of plans and due to low customer demand SQL Server support will now NOT BE added back as a MAA 16.1 patch. Going forward additional RDBMS support is being looked at to supplement existing support for Oracle.