I would like to check if there is any metric grouping to track the progress of recorded business transaction?
For example, we recorded a business transaction on user login.
Assume the flow as per below:-
1. User login click on the Login button, it will go to Frontend
2. then when it will send the username and password to program to do a verification, i assume this will go to backend
3. and the program will will retrieve the username and password from database
4. when the verification is done, it will response back to the Frontend.
Do we have any metric that we can create to monitor the flow where the business transaction goes from Frontend -> Backend -> Database -> Frontend?
This question occurred because we are wondering whenever there is "Slow Time" logged in the "CEM>>Incident Management", how do we check if the slow time is coming from Frontend?Backend?Database? or actually is user's internet connection issue.
Looking forward for the response.
Thanks and regards,
Hi Poh Chie,
If you have thes features setup:
Then an Automatic Transaction Trace for a new incident in CEM (or manual transaction trace session) should generate a complete Transaction Trace that you can use to diagnose what stage in the BT flow is causing the area of slowness
Hope this helps
Thanks for the response.
1. Is there anyway to check whether the "Cross Process Transaction Trace" and the "Instroscope-CEM Integration" is enabled?
2. Where can i check for the "Automatic Transaction Trace"?is it in the "CEM">>"Incident Management">>"Transaction Trace Sessions"?
Thanks and regards,Poh Chie:
For application workflow for CEM there is Business Activity Monitor which requires purchase . Lynn's solution seems more complete