DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can't Find browseragent.pbd

Posted Aug 19, 2016 01:59 PM

I have installed a 10.2 WebSphere agent with and without the Browser Agent installed. I have also un-tar'd the noinstaller agent for WebSphere. In the agent installed with no Browser Agent selected, there is no Browser Agent assets even in the examples directory. So I looked at the noinstaller directory and see examples/APM/BrowerAgent but under that I see only the ext and js directory no config.

I then looked at the agent where I had specified to install Browser Agent and see all the assets installed and the websphere-typical.pbl has the browseragent.pbd un commented:

#######################
    # CA Browser Agent
    #
    # Enable this PBD for CA Browser Agent.
    # CA Browser Agent lets you monitor web page load performance metrics.
    # ==================

browseragent.pbd

but I do not see this in the config directory and it does not seem to appear in the examples either.

What am I missing here?

• 2.  Re: Can't Find browseragent.pbd
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 02:21 PM

Hi Steve,

Was it the UNIX or Windows version?  Where did you get the installer/no-installer files from?

I downloaded both non-installers from our support site for 10.2 and they both contained browseragent.pbd after unzipping them.

I also tested the windows and unix agent installers and if you select yes to agree to the browseragent license, the pbd is installed.  If you reject it (or on unix, leave the eula file set to reject), then the browseragent.pbd file will not be installed.

Thanks,
    Matt

• 3.  Re: Can't Find browseragent.pbd

Posted Aug 19, 2016 02:45 PM

This is a Unix/Linux agent and all assets were loaded from the support site. Currently, we are not including Browser Agent on our standard agent so I did an install on a Linux box specifying that I did not want Browser Agent installed. On this agent I have no Browser Agent assets in the examples directory.

I then created an agent (using the same 10.2 bin file) and specified that I wanted to accept the Browser Agent. This ends up with the assets for ext and js being put in and the profile and webshere-typical.pbl modified as above. But again, I do not see the browseragent.pbd in the config directory:

Also there is no assets in the example directory for APM/BrowserAgent so I cannot pull it from there.

I do see the BroswerAgent assets in the noinstaller examples but this also does not include the browseragent.pbd

So maybe there is a newer version out on the support site since I downloaded this the day that 10.2 GA'd.

I will try that

• 4.  Re: Can't Find browseragent.pbd

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2016 02:49 PM

Hi Steve,

That is odd what you have experienced.  As you stated you did download the 10.2 the day it came out, so I'm thinking that may be the issue.  Please try downloading the latest, as what I just did above, I downloaded today and it was there.  Please let us know what you find after re-downloading it.

Thanks,
    Matt

• 5.  Re: Can't Find browseragent.pbd

Posted Aug 19, 2016 03:00 PM

I had not looked in the noinstaller config dir (since I thought it would be in the examples) but there I do see the browseragent.pbd. So I can copy that over into agent directory that has the Browser agent installed and re-tar up the distribution tar...

Thanx