DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SharePoint 2013 | SPMonitor | Events

Posted Aug 25, 2016 07:26 AM

Hi,

I'm using SPMonitor in several farms, and i have some questions about Event monitor. 

In the Introscope WorkStation i can view the Event Viewer Error and Warning count, but it is possible to view in the same console the error and information description? 

Some screenshots:

In this screenshot, i see the Error and Warning count

Event Overview | Error Count | Warning Count

But if i go to Error tab i can't view any detail

event viewer error count

event viewer warning count

Thanks,

Tiago

• 2.  Re: SharePoint 2013 | SPMonitor | Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:34 PM

Hiko_Davis  Guenter_Grossberger

Any thoughts on this?

• 3.  Re: SharePoint 2013 | SPMonitor | Events
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2016 04:53 AM

The Events Overview is what's called a TypeViewer.

The metrics displayed in it are derived from metrics displayed in that agent.

The is either gathered from PerfMon or directly from SP itself.

This is completely different than what is shown in the  Errors tab, which are exceptions in the application code that the agent captures.

I would suspect that the messages are available in the Event log on the server. You could write an EPAgent plugin to read the event log messages and report them as metric data.

As are result, what you're asking for is an enhancement so feel free to open an idea on the community and have everyone vote on it.

• 4.  Re: SharePoint 2013 | SPMonitor | Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2016 10:24 AM

Hi:

> it is possible to view in the same console the error and information description? 

Based on Hiko's note this is not available out of the box. You want to display data from two different sources -- Events (Perfmon/SP) and Errors (Agent) on one console. Capturing error messages from the event log (which was the suggested enhancement) is the key step. Are you currently logging these? Have you tried setting up an EP Agent to do so?

Since an enhancement was listed as a next step and there were no follow-up questions, I am marking as answered. You are welcome to ask follow-up questions on this thread if desired.

Thanks

Hal German