DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Wily_Calculators: Process or Calculate only those DataPoints having non-zero Value

• 1.  Wily_Calculators: Process or Calculate only those DataPoints having non-zero Value

Posted Nov 05, 2015 02:45 PM

Hi,

Actually need to know how could I make Wily configured Calculators to process only non-zero values.

To elaborate, lets say I have created a metric grouping consisting of metric A, B, C, D

Now I created a simple calculator in MModule of Wily where I am averaging the values of these four metrics of one Metric Grouping.

So say at one point of time, below are the values we have for individual metrics as  -

A=2

B=0

C=7

D=3

So how currently my calculator gives the value is like - (A+B+C+D)/4 = 3

But ideally speaking or how I am looking for calculator to process is - (A+C+D)/3 = 4

In second case, it has not taken value for metric B to calculate average.

I haven't tried with many options, so want to know if I can achieve this easily. I cannot put much customization to my environment. [ Processed environment]

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 2.  Re: Wily_Calculators: Process or Calculate only those DataPoints having non-zero Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 03:19 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

This is not possible with the OOTB calculators.

However you can write a simple javascript calculator to filter out the metrics that are 0. See JavaScript Calculators. There are a lot of examples in the community.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: Wily_Calculators: Process or Calculate only those DataPoints having non-zero Value

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:50 PM

Thanks Guenter for your quick response.

But can anyone from the community work on this calculator and provide it to me ? [I can work but currently time is a crunch, and cannot spent time  on this ]

Appreciate if anyone can provide me.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 4.  Re: Wily_Calculators: Process or Calculate only those DataPoints having non-zero Value

Posted Nov 22, 2015 01:20 PM

Can anyone help me with this ?