DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Install agent on server

Posted Aug 04, 2016 01:22 AM

Hello,

I want to install an agent on a server that its application started with exe file.

What can i do in order to configure the agent will start when the application is starting?

I don't want to use EPAgent.

Regards,

Tamir

• 2.  Re: Install agent on server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 03:58 AM

Hello Tamir,

If it is an .exe, does that mean it is a .NET application, or is that some sort of Java wrapper program ?

If it is .NET, installing the .NET agent on the machine would be a start.

You would need to add the name of the .exe in this line in IntroscopeAgent.profile

introscope.agent.dotnet.monitorApplications=w3wp.exe,aspnet_wp.exe

If that .exe has some link to Java, like a wrapper program, you need to find out how the JVM arguments are configured, presumably in a separate configuration file, and add -javaagent parameters to it.

If it is an .exe because it is compiled code like C++, then there really isn't much option, possibly EPAgent as you say.

Many thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: Install agent on server

Posted Aug 04, 2016 04:08 AM

Hi David,

I'll check your suggestion for the java  part and let you know.

Thanks for the help.

Tsmir

• 4.  Re: Install agent on server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 06:27 AM

Hi Tamir:

Thank you for your question. Please let us know soon if David's response helped and this thread can be marked as answered. Or if additional assistance is needed.

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Install agent on server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi Tamir:

I am marking this as answered since David gave a next step and no further responses were given. So marking as answered. You are welcome to open a case if needed

Thanks

Hal German