DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Anon Anon

Anon AnonJul 24, 2015 12:00 PM

• 1.  Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 20, 2015 02:50 PM

Apache Camel: Index

IHAC who is using Camel-CXF in a new application.  No webservices are being exposed by the current release of APM.

Has anyone encountered this framework and built anything for it?

Stefan

• 2.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 02:53 PM

You can either deploy APM10, or use the WebServices AddOn/Communications Tracers FieldPack.

• 3.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 20, 2015 05:22 PM

Is this the fieldpack that Andreas Reiss developed that you are referring to?  I didn't see it in any listed field packs on community.

Was it in knowledgebase or ?

Stefan

• 4.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

• 5.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 20, 2015 05:51 PM

I reviewed the camel-cxf jars and I don't think they will be accessible by any of the field packs you listed starting because the camel-cxf-XXXX.jar is a completely different structure than any of the webservice field packs HD or AR developed.  I'm not as experienced with understanding how the field packs can "flex", but wouldn't this require a custom pbd just for Camel's class structure and would have different objects to be instrumented?.

• 6.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 06:13 PM

These classes are not the ones making the actual web service calls. Current release = 9.7 or 10?

• 7.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 24, 2015 07:51 AM

Hi,

I enabled the WebServices AddOn for Camel-CXF. I didn't get the other one Communications Tracers.

But I cannot see my services/operations which are developed by using Blueprint. When I checked the WebService Addon.pbl file, I can see SpringWebServices.pbd.

Does this pbd supports only spring based applications ? What do I need to do get all the operations developed on Blueprint ?

• 8.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 09:01 AM

We have a full field solution for JBoss Fuse.

https://cawiki.ca.com/display/SASWAT/JBoss+Fuse

It contains all the fun stuff for Camel, Camel CXF Web Service and so on...

• 9.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 24, 2015 12:00 PM

Hi, I cannot open this link.

• 10.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 24, 2015 12:33 PM

Is this solution available somewhere else also ? I cannot open this link.

• 11.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 12:56 PM

Andreas' link is an internal CA-only URL.

Please contact your CA Services or Pre-Sales rep to get a copy.

• 12.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 02:06 PM

sorry for that and thanks Haruhiko, I'm still struggling on which world I'm navigating on the communities ;-) ...

• 13.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 28, 2015 04:34 AM

Hi Andreas,

We could take the JBoss Fuse Fieldpack for our project. But the document says it supports Fuse 6.1.0 version and we have 6.0.0 version of Fuse here. Will it support 6.0.0 version ?

Also could you please elaborate the last step that is - Append the contents of IntroscopeAgentProfileSnippet.txt to your IntroscopeAgent.profile. Where exactly should I do the changes for this in the profile file?

• 14.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 05:48 AM

Hi,

I think it's a good time to find out whether it will work with 6.0.0. I haven't tested it.

Please ignore the IntroscopeAgentProfileSnippet.txt part. That's a copy/paste mistake. I just updated the instructions.

Please let us know how it goes...

Thanks

• 15.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Jul 30, 2015 05:12 AM

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your support. We are deploying the 6.1.1 version of fuse in early august. Will this fieldpack support 6.1.1 version or I need to test it ?

• 16.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi,

you always have to test what goes into your system but the solution should work for your Fuse version.

Cheers

Andreas

• 17.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 13, 2015 01:02 PM

Hi Andreas,

We are trying to deploy the fieldpack for fuse we got from our CA Rep.

We have done the following :

1. Upgraded Fuse to 6.1.1

2. Copied SOA Performance Module from example to core/ext/

3. Copied the required files from WEBSOAPAddOn provided in community

4. Deployed all the Jar and PBD files from the JBoss Fuse Fieldpack at the required locations

But when we restart the server, we get some error. Copying the error below (got response from Environment Manager). Please let me know if this is a known issue of Wily with Fuse6.1 or do we have to do any changes.

Something within camel-core has changed, then because everything uses camel-core, everything is failing.

The error message is:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.camel.com.googlecode.concurrentlinkedhashmap.ConcurrentHashMapV8

So far I’ve been unable to find the source code for version 2.12.0.redhat-611416 of this class, which limits me a little bit.  However the likely cause is this:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.Unsafe not found by org.apache.camel.camel-core [144]

By default in fuse 6.1 this class is not deployed (I’ve been unable to find any trace of it in my local environment), and the package does not appear on the camel-core manifest (implying that it is not a dependency of camel-core, and therefore not used by camel-core).

• 18.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:33 PM

Hi,

can you please provide the full error stack trace?

Thanks

Andreas

• 19.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 05:41 AM

Hi Andreas,

I have attached the stack in the below link. Could you please help ?

https://communities.ca.com/message/241816695#241816695

• 20.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2015 06:44 AM

Hi,

can you please check the IntroscopeAgent.log whether you see any ERROR or WARN at the time of the error. For sure adding any jar file would be the wrong thing to do in this situation!

I don't know the WEBSOAPAddOn. Please don't use it for now! You won't need it...

And of course the last question, and sorry for asking but I assume this error doesn't occur with Introscope disabled?

Thanks

Andreas

• 21.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 16, 2015 05:52 PM

Hi Andreas,

Introscope is not disabled. I had checked Introscope.log but didn't find any error, though will double check once.

I will remove WEBSOAPAddon as of now but am sure that is not creating any error as we have installed it in other environments. Can you please suggest how shall we proceed ?

• 22.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 17, 2015 06:35 AM

Hi Andreas,

I checked the Introscope.log and didn't find any error or warning around the time we got error in fuse.log.

I have removed WEBSOAPAddon as suggested by you. Also Introscope is not disabled. Can you please suggest what could be the reason of the error ? We are getting this error on server restart.

• 23.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 17, 2015 09:26 AM

Hi,

When we deployed the fuse fieldpack, the services stopped running which were running before. Is it a known issue by any chance ?

• 24.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2015 05:22 PM

Hi,

I deployed it already many times but we've never noticed a similar problem. Please open a support ticket, describe the problem and refer to me.  I can't look immediately into it but we will do the best we can to work with you on the fix.

Please attach to the incident an IntroscopeAgent.log and an AutoProbe.log.

Thanks for your help!

-Andreas

• 25.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:11 AM

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your support. We could get the fieldpack working for us. We just added a missing package name into wily setup and it started working.

Currently we can see all the metrics as mentioned in the support document. But I am unable to track from where does the data starts and where does it ends. I sent request to one service for eg. send email to track the data and I could see the data under camel|route, backend, webservices as expected. But the data seen is at the same time so unable to track the flow of the same as if the data first goes to webservice or camel route or anything else.

Can you please explain with an example about the data flow. We need how much time fuse layer spent for a particular operation, the full time period between when the request comes and when the response is sent back.

Also how to arrange the end to end flow sequentially in a single metrics ?

• 26.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:51 AM

Beautiful, great to hear. I assume you added a package to the OSGI visibility settings? Please let me know and I can update the documentation.

In our APM monitoring there are multiple approaches on how to work with data:

Component driven monitoring:

You can see the individual Camel Routes and the time spent on each. This helps you to put thresholds (alerts) on it, put them on beautiful dashboards to compare them over time.

Track and Follow a transaction:

For this you should use the Transaction Traces. You will get all the details and call sequences in the wedding cake's. In combination you would get the relative times there for each request.

Map Visualization 10.0:

Starting from APM 10. you will see the boundaries of the application on Team Center. That won't give you necessarily the sequence but the relationship between applications / VM's.

Map Visualization 10.1:

You will be able to have the Camel Routes as a part in Team Center and you can deep dive into the relationships between the configured Fuse Workflow.

"The amazing next APM version xx.xx":

You will have an amazing transaction visualization, showing you the dependencies, call sequences, relative times and will let you allow to compare two flows showing you what's wrong on a bad transactions.

I hope that helps as a starter?

Cheers

Andreas

• 27.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 11:53 AM

Hi Andreas,

We added sun.misc package to bootdelegation in wily setup file.

But I see an issue, under WebServices node|Server, I could see only 3 metrics out of 5 for Blame Point Tracers. I cannot see Errors Per Interval and Stall Count. Also under Camel|Route, I can see the Blame Point Tracers for some and for others I can see only the Accumulated Route Net Processing under process. Any specific reason for that ? Customer is interested in only 5 metrics.

• 28.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 05:06 PM

Thanks. That's a useful information to extend the boot delegation!!!

The lack of some metrics looks strange. Specially Errors Per Interval and Stall Count. Having these missing metrics without a pattern typically makes me suspicious we could have run into a metric clamping situation. That can happen very easy on these types of engines with maybe many Web Services or Camel Routes configured.

Can you please check whether you hit an Agent or EM side clamping? (Sustainability metrics)

Thanks

Andreas

• 29.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 21, 2015 07:28 AM

Hi Andreas,

I checked with the clamping limit for both EM and agent, I don't see any problems. Can you please suggest what can be the issue ?

I can see all the WebServices but cannot see the two metrics for any of the services. Also I can see all the 5 tracers for few of the camel routes but not for all.

• 30.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2015 02:01 PM

Hi,

can you see any errors in the IntroscopeAgent.log? Any errors in the application log?

Thanks

Andreas

• 31.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 24, 2015 10:16 AM

Hi,

I didn't see any errors yet. But Errors Per Interval should atleast show zero value right as we have enabled error detector.

• 32.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2015 10:40 AM

That's a different thing. There are no errors in the log files?

• 33.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Aug 24, 2015 02:01 PM

Hi,

Also can we customise the WebServices nodes into Service Consumers and Originating Consumers. As of now I can see only the services and operations but cannot see the consumers which I can via Weblogic Powerpack.

Please suggest.

• 34.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2015 03:48 PM

Hi pvpalval,

let's do this efficient. I want to make the JBoss Fuse (Camel CXF) extension as good as possible. Can you please go the path via the account team / support?

Thanks

Andreas

• 35.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Sep 02, 2015 06:01 AM

Hi Andreas,

Please let me know how to do this. Also I want to open a support ticket with CA for the issue we cannot see Errors Per Interval for any of the WebServices reflected by using Fuse fieldpack.

• 36.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Sep 02, 2015 10:52 AM

Hi Andreas,

Also I can see many processes under each route. For eg. BeanProcessor, Log,Pipeline, Producer, sendTo, choice, convertBodyTo, DelegateSync, FatalFallbackErrorHandler, etc. and in each process I can see three metrics Accumulated Route Net Processing Time %, Accumulated Route Net Processing Time (ms) and Average Net Process Time (ms), though I cannot see the 5 metrics under BlamePointTracers.

Could you please let me know which one should be used to get the exact Average Response Time used by that route ?

• 37.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 07:24 AM

Hi Andreas,

Please can you let me know where or under which node can I see the data related to MQ. I couldn't find any node with Active MQ. Also its not mentioned in the installation guide provided with Fuse fieldpack as to which node is responsible for showing active mq data.

Please help.

• 38.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Oct 26, 2015 10:08 AM

Hi Andreas,

I am trying to monitor MQ currently with the fuse fieldpack. I have included the apache mq pbd in my pbl file. But unable to interpretate as where exactly I should look for MQ specific data. Could you please guide me.

• 39.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2015 10:48 AM
    Andreas is on vacation this week.

• 40.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:40 PM

Hi Pvpalval,

We see our ActiveMQ Metrics under the JMX tree, JMX must be enabled obviously.  You can then configure the primarykeys to display it in a pretty format.

Raz

• 41.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 02:56 PM

Hi Raz,

yes, ActiveMQ metrics are reported by JMX but I don't find them pretty. There are two field packs: one for the client side that provides correlation via ActiveMQ and really pretty name formatting (contact me if you want that):

srikant-naming.png srikant-trace.png nowherebank-appmap.png

And one for the broker (CA-APM/ca-apm-fieldpack-activemq-broker · GitHub):

ActiveMQ-RestEPAgent.png

Ciao,

Guenter

• 42.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Nov 02, 2015 12:55 PM

Thanks Guenter, I'll be reaching out to you shortly.

• 43.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 04:40 AM

Hi,

I guess MQ should be seen under "Active MQ" node on Introscope. I checked the active mq pbd provided with Fuse Fieldpack, it contains path "Active MQ|{classname}|{method name}". But I cannot see any node as such. Can anyone help please.

• 44.  Re: Camel (Apache) and Camel-CXF support in APM?

Posted Nov 03, 2015 05:47 AM

RazMan Guenter_Grossberger, I can see only one package name consisting Active MQ under JMX node. Is there any way to get service wise MQs please.