DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to list all metrics paths in a metric grouping?

Posted Dec 08, 2015 08:54 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping this is an easy ask. 

I have a Metric Grouping that has over 100 matching metrics.  Is there a way I can export all the metrics?  I do not necessarily care about the data attached to the metric, I just need a listing of the metrics. 

If you take a look at the attached image, you can see that I have over 100 matching metrics.  In the bottom pane, I would like to extra just the metric paths.  I've tried the right-click -> Export Data option; however this seems to export different metric paths each time.  Hoping there is something in CLW that I am overlooking. 

Reason for doing this: I need to compare two different metric groupings to make sure I have excluded the correct data.  I will pull the data into excel and do a compare of the two groupings.

Thank you for your help. 

• 2.  Re: How to list all metrics paths in a metric grouping?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 08, 2015 12:55 PM

Hi RazMAn,

Actually due to "Data limit to 100 matching metric" is causing you to export only random 100 metrics which is actually making difference each time you export.

What I could suggest is, you can bring this metric grouping data into "Report Template".

Using Template properties, you can - 

1. Actually group or aggregate these metrics like 'per JVM\agent'  OR 'per Metric Resource' etc
               [To do that, open report template editor -> Add Metric DATA Table -> Select metric Grouping -> Under 'Display Properties' click 'Aggregate Data by Group' -> And take Group definition          as per your requirement]

2. Taking details in Data table will allow you to fetch 6K metrics [whereas you were getting 100 matching metrics in graph of metric grouping]

So if your matching metrics are within limits of 6k, then you can use this functionality and export in CSV. Rest I think you can take care.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 3.  Re: How to list all metrics paths in a metric grouping?

Posted Dec 08, 2015 03:59 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you very much Vaibhav!  I was able to accomplish exactly what I was looking for.

In case anyone was wondering, attached is a screenshot of the Display Properties that worked in my case.