DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a limit to no. of services to be monitored individually using PBD

Posted Jun 17, 2015 07:25 AM

At max how many services can we monitor individually by using package, class and method name in PBD without the risk of overload?

Is there any limit mentioned to that ?

Because when I introduced some services to the existing services in POC environment it didnt work and the same services did work in Performance environment.

• 2.  Re: Is there a limit to no. of services to be monitored individually using PBD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2015 05:56 AM

Hi,

Are you saying that you are testing monitoring capabilities using the Javaagent and epagent separately? Can you provide more details please?

Also, we don't have a sizing calculator for the agent, if you add a custom instrumentation you need to validate this in a QA test environment before moving it to Production, even after that, you might require to perform additional tuning of the instrumentation.

If you still have a concern, I suggest you to open a case with support.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Sergio

• 3.  Re: Is there a limit to no. of services to be monitored individually using PBD

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2015 03:49 PM

Hi:

I am marking this as assumed answered you did not request a follow-up over some time. Please open a new question with updated information if needing additional assistance.

Thanks

Hal German

APM Support