DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SOI monitoring

Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:35 AM

Hi All,

do we have please any fieldpack for SOI monitoring or do you have any experience (or idea/tips) with SOI monitoring?

thank you,

stefan

• 2.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Oct 21, 2015 07:11 AM

Hi Stefan,

I hope you wanted to monitor SOI using APM. You can do that using standalone java agent and EP agent.

Since SOI application runs as windows service(SAM application server, Event Integration, SAM integration services), you need to unpack standard java agent files and add java agent configurations to SOI startup services/config files.

Also use EP agent to monitor logs, CPU, disk and memory of SOI application service.

Thanks,

Karthik

• 3.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Oct 30, 2015 08:39 AM

Hi Karthik,

yes, I meant monitoring SOI by APM.

and

1. is it possible to monitor the SOI conectors as well

2. and do you have some experience with that?

it's an independent java process.

thank you,

stefan

• 4.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Oct 30, 2015 08:58 AM

Hi Stefan,

I am currently implementing SOI monitoring using APM. I am using standalone java agent files to monitor SOI services.

And yes SOI connectors can also be monitored even if they are individual java process. You need to add java agent parameters in connectors startup

Thanks,

Karthik

• 5.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Oct 30, 2015 04:04 PM

I am going to try this out to in our SOI environment. I will try out just the java agent first and look at the results.

• 6.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Nov 05, 2015 07:43 AM

hi mparikh72,

have you tried it please?

if so, could you please share with us what metrics you could gather (maybe a printscreen)?

thank you,

stefan

• 7.  Re: SOI monitoring

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:47 AM

pivst01 Hey Stefan,

So, I found out in our environment that the only SOI setup we have is in prod. So, I am going to have to tread carefully in order to test out the agent. I'll keep you posted on my progress

Thanks

Manish