DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Capturing Oracle Banking Platform (OBP) Transactions in CEM

Posted Sep 28, 2015 07:59 PM

Hi,

I'm tasked with trying to capture Transactions which collate to various Banking Processes - the first one we are trying to capture is generating a personal Loan, initially we want to capture at a high level - response times from page to page, later on we will want to look closer at various buttons/processes that make calls to other backends - eg credit check.

The OBP Platform is monitored in APM using Weblogic agents.

The OBP Platform consists of various steps :

Understanding CASA Origination Concept

Capture Application – Create Application

Capture Application – Product Details

Capture Application – Personal Details

Capture Application – Bundles

Capture Application – Structure Solution

Capture Application – Review & Submit

I have sat with a Member of the banking Team and captured a recording of them generating a Personal loan from the Origination landing page and recorded each page stopping the recording after transitioning from one page to the next so i am left with approx 10 recordings.

The trouble i am facing is finding a unique signature key/pair for each page transition.

Has anyone had any experience in this or similar environments and can offer some pointers ?

Thanks.

FYI : I've been through Hallets : https://communities.ca.com/message/241734832#241734832 and i have planned sitting through walk-throughs with the devs on key transactions including determining how to identify users/sessions, group users, key parameter-value pairs to identify etc

• 2.  Re: Capturing Oracle Banking Platform (OBP) Transactions in CEM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2015 10:02 AM

Hi Andy:

This is more of a Best Practice rather than a Break Fix but I will chip in.

1) Is there something else that can serve as an identifying transaction rather than one CEM selected?

2) Is there something that you can use as a Does not Exist?

3) Would building a HTTP Plugin help you capture additional parameters.

4) Does doing a view source or a fiddler trace give you any additional insights

I would be glad to look at a screen shot of your application to see what you are facing

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Capturing Oracle Banking Platform (OBP) Transactions in CEM

Posted Oct 02, 2015 09:15 AM

Hi Hal,

Thanks for your response - it would be great if you could look over some screen shots - any input would be welcomed - i'll email you offline. Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Capturing Oracle Banking Platform (OBP) Transactions in CEM

Posted Oct 04, 2015 08:54 PM

Further Info on this .. the OBP Platform uses Oracle ADF framework and we are capturing such variables as :

Name:ADF Variables
    Variable Name:afrLoop
    Variable Name:afrWindowId
    Variable Name:jsessionId
    Variable Name:adf.ctrl-state
    Variable Name:javax.faces.ViewState

If anyone out there has some experience using CEM and ADF ?