DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator

Posted Aug 18, 2015 02:35 PM

Hello All. Does anybody know how to change time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator from 12 hours notation with PM and AM to 24 hour notation ? Any hint will be highly appreciated !

• 2.  Re: Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 02:59 PM

Hi Jan,

Assuming you are using Workstation WebStart, you would have to change the locale of the Enterprise Manager to be a locale that defaults to using 24-hour clock - this would affect all users so it would make sense to test first.

In Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax find this line

lax.command.line.args=$CMD_LINE_ARGUMENTS$ -consolelog -noExit -product com.wily.introscope.em.product -install ".\\product\\enterprisemanager" -configuration ".\\product\\enterprisemanager\\configuration"

and add -nl followed by a locale code for a suitable user language

I have this old link for locale codes in Java

JDK 6 and JRE 6 Supported Locales

You should set the value closest to your country, there was a past example of setting Spanish which would look like

-nl ES

So the complete thing would be:

lax.command.line.args=$CMD_LINE_ARGUMENTS$ -consolelog -noExit -product com.wily.introscope.em.product -install ".\\product\\enterprisemanager" -configuration ".\\product\\enterprisemanager\\configuration" -nl ES

From what I can tell, you can set use the lowercase value if it is unique, for example da for Danish, but if it is something where there are multiple versions of the language like Spanish, you use the uppercase code to denote the variant of the language, in this case 'Spanish from Spain'.

If this is for an EM running as a Windows service you would set the values in EMService.conf like this:

wrapper.app.parameter.10=-nl

wrapper.app.parameter.11=ES

If you have a standalone Workstation installed, you should be able to force the locale just for your view by adding the locale setting to the lax.commandline.args in the Introscope_Workstation.lax

There are only certain locales that are officially supported so this is just a suggestion of how you might get this to work.

Many thanks,

David Lewis

• 3.  Re: Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator

Posted Aug 18, 2015 03:09 PM

Hi David;

Thank you for such a quick reply. Could you please tell how to change locale of Enterprise Manager ?

We are running EM on Linux and using it for monitoring of several remote mostly SAP systems.

Thank you in advance for any details.

best regards

Jan

• 4.  Re: Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:31 PM

If these are SAP RTV, you cannot make changes to them on your own. You need to open a note with SAP support.

If these are SED servers, then you can make some adjustments, but you will need to notify SAP about them.

You cannot legally connect SMD  or SED Agents to APM servers outside the landscape (as far as I know).

• 5.  Re: Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator

Posted Aug 20, 2015 04:51 AM

Dear David;

Thank you so much for the explanation. I do appreciate it very much.

Best regards

Jan Lukasiewicz

• 6.  Re: Time notation in Wily Introscope Investigator

Posted Aug 30, 2015 08:57 AM

Hello David;

There are probably some differences between EM versions. We use EM 9.1.52 and adding -nl NL or -nl ES does not make a difference. I will try to play with Java locales. Thank you for the link to locale codes in Java.

Best regards

Jan Lukasiewicz