DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Socket Tracing

Posted Sep 16, 2015 12:52 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea what makes the method below? On a client the trace of this method has caused timetout problems on .Net application.

Any help is very welcome.

[System]System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Socket Tracing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 01:04 PM
    Skip the method and see if the behavior still exists.

• 3.  Re: Socket Tracing

Posted Sep 16, 2015 01:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. This is the problem, we skip this tracer, commenting on it, like this:

#TraceOneMethodWithParametersIfFlagged: SocketTracing SocketConnectTracer InternalConnect"SocketConnectTracer"

Apparently the socket tracing metrics were not affected. Now the challenge is to justify the workaround, explain to the client what makes this method and if this problem is a bug or something that could occur and so the workaround would be definitive.

• 4.  Re: Socket Tracing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 01:15 PM
    What you did was disable the tracer, not skip the method.
    Create a PBD and and use "SkipMethodForClass" (I believe that is the directive).

• 5.  Re: Socket Tracing

Posted Sep 16, 2015 01:26 PM

Oh yes, I believe that this is the directive, anyway, if the same behavior, I will still fall on the issue I mentioned, because of the problem, if it's a bug or not and what are the possible losses with this.

• 6.  Re: Socket Tracing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 02:55 PM

I don't believe the behavior should be the same at that point. You may need to skip the class if you continue get more errors from the class.

We'll want to avoid skipping socket calls, but might be necessary until we can resolve the issue.