DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SmartStor Achieve server

Posted Jul 24, 2015 03:05 PM

Hello,

I just recently exported smartstor data from each of my production EM agent collectors and stored smartstor data on my newly built EM smartStor Achieve server.  I stopped the EM service on my EM smartStor Achieve serve and configured the smartstore setting via Introscope Enterprise Manager.properties. Smarstor Setting shown below

After starting the EM service on my EM smartStor Achieve server I launched web view and adjusted my time window to a past date in time and no data appeared.  I tried to mount an agent but I received a message "There are no available agents to be mounted"

Not sure on next steps.  If possible can someone shed some light on what additional steps I need to follow in order to view historical smartstor data from my EM smartStor Achieve server?

I also created a low severity case with CA support as well.

#######################

# SmartStor Settings

# ================

# The directory that the EM will use for data storage

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=data

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=data/archive

introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=D:\AP23P\SmartStorBackup

introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=D:\AP23P\SmartStorBackup\archive

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=D:\AP24P\SmartStorBackup

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=D:\AP24P\SmartStorBackup\archive

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=D:\AP27P\SmartStorBackup

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=D:\AP27P\SmartStorBackup\archive

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=D:\AP28P\SmartStorBackup

#introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=D:\AP28P\SmartStorBackup\archive

introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.dedicatedcontroller=false

• 2.  Re: SmartStor Achieve server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 03:47 PM

Hi,

I've done this several times before and it worked fine. Are there any errors or warnings in the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log? Have you backed up the whole data directory including the metrics.metadata? It's like the "index" to the data files.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: SmartStor Achieve server

Posted Jul 24, 2015 05:40 PM

Problem resolved.  Added an additional back slash to each smartstor directory path: See below

I can now mount agents via workstation and view historical smartstor data.

introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory=D:\\AP23P\\SmartStorBackup

introscope.enterprisemanager.smartstor.directory.archive=D:\\AP23P\\SmartStorBackup\\archive

***Special note: Please ensure to adjust your heap size accordingly when building your smartStor Achieve server so you will not receive "Java heap out of memory errors during start up".***

Thanks for responding

-Richard-