DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Application Performance Managment

Posted Apr 30, 2015 09:11 AM

Hi All,

I need assistance in following use cases i.e. what approach to follow in below use case :

How we can provide average response time metric breakdown based on client end, server end  and network end

Regards

Winkle Khurana

• 2.  Re: Application Performance Managment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2015 06:37 PM

Hi Winkle,

the Average Response Time CA APM is reporting is usually that of a component, mostly on the application server, e.g.:

• Frontend Average Response Time is the response time of the application (server), from http request received to response sent.
    • Backend Average Response Time is the response time of a backend, e.g. database or web service.
    • Servlet Average Response Time is the response time of the call to the service() method of the servlet.
    • Most other Average Response Times are that of a method of a component similar to the servlet example.

If you use CEM (Customer Experience Monitor) and/or BRTM (Browser Response Time Monitor) you can also measure response time in the network and on the client.

The best way to achieve the breakdown is to use BRTM: then you get a breakdown from the client perspective and can mix in the server response time.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: Application Performance Managment

Posted May 01, 2015 12:18 AM

Hi Guenter,

Thanks

Regards

Winkle

• 4.  Re: Application Performance Managment

Posted May 04, 2015 03:40 AM

Hi Guenter,

I am having .Net application hosted at IIS.While Installing BRTM I am finding these three server only. Which server to select ?Capture.PNG

• 5.  Re: Application Performance Managment

Posted May 07, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi All,

Application to be monitor is .Net Application which cannot be monitored by BRTM is there any other option available to achieve the below use case

How we can provide average response time metric breakdown based on client end, server end  and network end

Regards,

Winkle Khurana