1.We are seeing a lot of entries for "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1" in our web server logs. Are they from the ASM Real Browser Monitor user agent we have implemented? TEC1217136
2. After successfully using the Script Recorder to import a HP LoadRunner script into CEM as a Recording Session what is the best practice to define the signature for the Business Transaction. TEC1283832
Description:After successfully importing a LoadRunner script into an APM CE recording session using Script Recorder, what is the best practice to define the signature for a Business Transaction?
3. Container name goes not appear Application Performance Manager. TEC1968226
Description: Container name does not appear in the Investigator after deploying the JBOSS name.
4. Websphere PMI Thread Pool Metrics Missin TEC1442984
Description: Configuring Websphere (WAS) for certain PMI metrics - Thread Pool.
5. Evolution of the TIM TEC1930474
Description:This describes the different types of TIMs and their customer impacts.
6. TIM log errors "Ended prematurely by server close" and "ended prematurely by duplicate transet" TEC1881084
Description:Customer is seeing the following in the TIM logs: "Ended prematurely by server close" and "ended prematurely by duplicate transet."
7. I am trying to configure an LDAP monitor, however the Monitor returns "Not a valid path" TEC1903653
8. How to upgrade Open SSL and disable SSLv3 on your On Premise Monitoring Station TEC1121895
9. How do I Address “Resource limit matched” Messages as Reported by File Systems of an OPMS installation TEC1411716
10. TIM under MTP upgrade fails with error message: "chown: `apache\r': invalid user" TEC1800754
A MTP TIM upgrade fails with error message: "chown: `apache\r': invalid user."
11. Z/OS WAS Agent on control regions fails TEC1489284
Description:While starting a control region with the APM 126.96.36.199 agent, control regions issue the following error messages:
5/15/15 02:23:37 PM CEST [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An error occurred while initializing service class com.wily.powerpack.zos.agentext.Perf390Service in "System Overview Service".
5/15/15 02:23:37 PM CEST [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent]
The servant region for each application server starts cleanly without this error message.
12. What steps should I follow before and after upgrading SiteMinder Manager for Policy Server or Web Agent? (for Windows) TEC1551467
Description:Steps to follow before/after upgrading SiteMinder Manager for Policy Server or Web Agent. (for Windows)
- extension of http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec534108.aspx which is for Linux-only
13. An overview of common TIM Settings issues. TEC1634005
Description:An overview of common TIM Settings issues.
14. TIM Settings References TEC1291493
Description:This is a fairly detailed list of all TIM Settings references.
15. Hardening TIM server could lead to irregular behaviour TEC1292346
Description:Hardening a TIM/MTP server could lead to unpredictable behavior
16. TIM gets corrupted during installation or upgrade TEC1886315
Description:Under certain conditions (i.e. installations and upgrades) in APM 9.6 onwards, The TIM files can become corrupt.
17. Can I load balance APM EMs based on actual CPU load? TEC1130131
Description:What role does CPU load play in actual load balancing?
18. Historical Query viewer in workstation and webview TEC1254735
Description:How to increase the viewable limit of events in Historical Query Viewer in Workstation and Webview.
19. Responsefile error on silent install TEC1431877
Description:While setting up a silent Introscope install, it is discovered that there is no eula.txt file in the OSGI Unix bundle. Instead, there is an lgpl.txt file which appears to be the license, but when putting the LGPL=accept in the file, and pointing the response file to it, the following appears: (Note that the ca-eula.txt file works just fine.)
Invalid EULA Specified
/introscope/install_files/lgpl.txt is not a valid End User License Agreement.
20. What is the difference between confirmed errors and unconfirmed errors? TEC1359405
21. SSL Decode Failure TEC1311566
Description:Explains why TIM is seeing a high number of SSL decode failures.
22. For a TIM running under MTP should I be concerned about these frequent messages in the tim log file "ignored because it is not handled by this worker"? TEC1806309
Description:MTP TIM has these frequent messages in the TIM log file, "ignored because it is not handled by this worker."
23. EM Startup Fails with "No valid license files were found" - Even Though The License is Valid TEC1692791
A previously working EM now fails with the error, "No valid license files were found" in the log. The license should still be valid.
When changing the log details level to "VERBOSE" or "DEBUG", entries similar to the following are seen:
1/1/15 01:10:01.001 PM EDT [INFO] [main] [Manager] Starting Introscope Enterprise Manager...
1/1/15 01:10:01.002 PM EDT [VERBOSE] [main] [Manager] Checking license file: /opt/wilyem/Introscope95/./license/188.8.131.52.em.lic
1/1/15 01:10:01.003 PM EDT [VERBOSE] [main] [Manager] Validating license now: /opt/wilyem/Introscope95/./license/184.108.40.206.em.lic
1/1/15 01:10:01.004 PM EDT [DEBUG] [main] [Manager] Host id error
java.net.UnknownHostException: myEMhostName: myEMhostName
24. Ecommerce User Group TEC1457307
Description:This expands what is in the APM CE documentation on e-commerce mode and automatically assigning user groups to subnet user groups.
25. What is Java Heap Space and Garbage Collection? TEC1018644
Description:What is Java Heap Space and Garbage Collection?
26. Add / Manage Users to APM Command Center 1.0 TEC1691263
Description:When using APM Command Center 1.0, what are the default user and password to login and how can I add additional users?
27. The Period for a report does not match the duration selected. TEC1150926
Description:This clarifies the Period text label in APM Reports.
28. How is Uptime Calculated by the ASM API? TEC1746629
29. Changing APM Report X Axis Date/Time Format. TEC1817383
Description:How to change the X Axis Date/Time for APM Reports.