DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic

Posted Jun 01, 2015 04:33 PM

Users complaining that the statistics for few of the Apps were missing under Frontends in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic. They use to exit some time before and now they were not there and there are few new Apps populating under Frontends. Any clue about this issue on what made the apps to not displayed under Frontends in the workstation.

• 2.  Re: Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2015 06:14 PM

Have you checked for any Enterprise Manager side clamp being hit for (agent) metric limits?

For further information please see the 8.x Config & Admin Guide and search for "Enterprise Manager Metric Clamping"

• 3.  Re: Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic

Posted Jun 02, 2015 03:21 PM

I can see "Is Clamped" metric value as "0" for this agent. Also I can see the below Enterprise Manger Metric Clamping Limit in "IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties"

# Per Agent limit. Takes into account live and historical metrics

introscope.enterprisemanager.agent.metrics.limit=50000

# Per EM limit. Takes into account only live metrics (i.e. currently reporting from Agents)

introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.live.limit=500000

# Per EM limit. Takes into account metrics with Smartstor data (i.e. live and historical metrics)

introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.historical.limit=1200000

• 4.  Re: Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2015 04:53 PM

Please also check the clamps for the relevant Collector EM(s) in the Investigator i.e.

*SuperDomain*|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent(Virtual) (<Collector_Name>)|Enterprise Manager|Connections|EM Historical Metric Clamped

*SuperDomain*|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent(Virtual) (<Collector_Name>)|Enterprise Manager|Connections|EM Live Metric Clamped

It is more likely the first one has been hit (introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.historical.limit) which is blocking the acceptance of new app.agent metrics. If yes the EM log would also contain messages like "The EM has too many historical metrics reporting from Agents and will stop accepting new metrics from Agents..."

• 5.  Re: Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic

Posted Jun 03, 2015 03:06 PM

I don't find this message "The EM has too many historical metrics reporting from Agents and will stop accepting new metrics from Agents..." in the relevant Collector logs. Also in the investigator there is no "EM Historical Metric Clamped" or "EM Live Metric Clamped" under Connections for the relevant Collector.

Investigator.png

• 6.  Re: Frontends Apps missing in CA Introscope 8.1 for WebLogic
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2015 05:19 PM

Apologies my bad, the EM "Clamped" metrics were only added in 8.2.2.

It is also possible that the logs have wrapped since the message was issued.

Does the "Number of Historical metrics" show as being close to 1200000 - please check all Collectors in case the agent is being directed to a different Collector than you expect.

If still no help please raise a case with Support & we will assist with a more deeper analysis of agent instrumentation/logs & Collector logs.

Thank-you