DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Posted Mar 02, 2015 12:47 AM

Hi,

We have EEM configured with APM 9.7 :

Looking into setting up users and groups giving access on a per domain basis - ie:

User A has access/visibility to domain A (and hide all other domains)

User B has access/visibility to domain B, C, D (and hide the rest)

Likewise user group A has access to domain A etc etc ...

Having read all the APM documentation its still not clear to me that this is possible ? or a limitation ?

If it is possible could you advise on how this is achieved ? assuming this is possible it will be using the safex cmd and create some xml actions ?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2015 05:45 PM

Hi Andy,

I have not tested this myself but I would have thought your scenario should be possible by creating explicit grant & deny policies in EEM for the various domains and assigning to the relevant users.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2015 09:03 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Andy,

Managed to test this out and it seems to work as I expected - see attached steps for EEM global users I created but same should apply if you are using LDAP at the backend.

There is possibly a more efficient way in EEM to achieve the final required access limitations, but I have not gone into that.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Posted Mar 22, 2016 12:04 PM

This is the perfect setup details for configuring users for a domain. This example should be included in the documentation for EEM.

• 5.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 06:15 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.

I also have KB for this (http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1465734.aspx ), but I will request if the example can be included in the APM Security section for EEM.

Regards,

Lynn

• 6.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2016 08:39 AM

Hi Andy:

Let us know if Lynn's posts answers your questions or if there are any followup questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: EEM - APM config to give certain users or groups access to certain domains.

Posted Mar 24, 2016 12:05 AM

Nope Lynn came up with the goods - much appreciated, cheers.