DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

• 1.  Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 19, 2014 04:44 AM

Hi,

I need to know the metrices which we get from Wily .Net Agent.

What is the difference between the metrics of Java Agent and .Net Agent.?

Reply soon..

Regards,

Sid

• 2.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2014 08:45 AM

Hi Sid,

Please check the attached showing .net metrics OOTB. Hope it helps.

dornet_metrics.jpg

Regards,

James.

• 3.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2014 09:19 AM
    To add to James' response, we do not trace MVC OOTB, I do have a custom PBD that will do that for you. You will need to update it if you want to mark any individual MVC frontends.

• 4.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 19, 2014 09:47 AM

Thanks for the response,

Could you provide some more snapshots of expanded view of metrices.?

• 5.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2014 12:54 PM
    Your best option is to look at the PBDs because the instrumentation will be different depending on the environment and your version of APM.

• 6.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 20, 2014 06:00 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

I was trying to install .Net Agent (using Archives) on my machine.

I followed all the steps that are given in .Net Agent implementation Guide.

1.Extract the installation archive contents into a directory

2.Set up the <Agent_Home>\wily directory for the .NET agent.

3.Register the wily.Agent file to the Global Assembly Cache

4.Register the wily.NativeProfiler file

5.Edit IntroscopeAgent.profile file in a text editor and configure the Enterprise Manager connection as follows:

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=<ip address>

6.Start the PerfMon Collector Service from a command line

7.Run the wilypermissions utility from a command line

8.Configure the .NET agent environment variables as follows:

com.wily.introscope.agentProfile=<Agent_Home>\wily\IntroscopeAgent.profile

Cor_Enable_Profiling=0x1

COR_PROFILER={5F048FC6-251C-4684-8CCA-76047B02AC98}

9.Lastly, Restart IIS Admin Service

Please tell where I am doing mistake..

Regards,

Sid

• 7.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2014 11:09 AM
    The PerfMon agent runs as a Windows service. Do you not see it in the list to start it?

The .NET Agent will appear when you start sending traffic to your IIS server. The behavior is different than Java where you see it soon after you start your Java container.

• 8.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 20, 2014 11:13 AM

Yes, PerfMon Agent is there installed and it is running also.

I am accessing my application, Still Agent is not listed on Investigator Console.

• 9.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2014 11:23 AM
    What version of APM is this?

did you do an 'iisreset'?

Did you install the 32- or 64- bit agent? It is recommended that you install the 64-bit agent if monitoring a mix of application types.

Lastly, try uninstalling all of the manual steps and reinstall the agent using the agent installer. Let us know if the still doesn't appear.

• 10.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 20, 2014 11:31 AM

CA APM Introscope : Introscope9.1.5.0

Yes I have done 'iisreset'.

.Net Agent Agent : 64-bit Archived Installable

okk  I will try and let you know.

Thanks for replying

• 11.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2014 12:42 AM

Hi Sid,

In 9.1.x and later the bitness of the agent version installed needs to match the bitness of the OS version and you must have done that for the install to be successful.

Per Hiko's advice the 64-bit agent is able to monitor both 32-bit & 64-bit apps (the PerfMon Collector is a 32-bit .NET Framework v2.0 application)

It is possible you will need to restart the actual Windows server.

KB article TEC594851 (Troubleshooting a 9.1.x .Net Agent Installation) covers that and some some hints:

https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC594851

Hope this helps

• 12.  Re: Can anyone provide me the list of Metrics provided by CA Wily.Net Agent.?

Posted Sep 22, 2014 04:56 AM

Hi Sid,

Look for the highlighted issue and let us know if that is the case.

.NET

The Introscope for Microsoft .NET product includes the following components:

Supported Microsoft .NET framework

Notes or Issues

NOTE - The .NET-based Agent can monitor .NET applications written on these particular versions of the .NET framework.

Microsoft .NET V2.0 Framework (v2.0.50727)
    Microsoft .NET V3.0 Framework (v3.0.4056)
    Microsoft .NET V3.5 Framework
    Microsoft .NET V4.0 Framework
    (4.0.30319.1)                                                                                                                                            Microsoft .NET V4.5

Microsoft .NET V4.5 with IIS 8 on Windows 8 and Windows 2012
    Microsoft .NET V4.5 is supported on Windows 2008 from 9.1.7 onwards

Supported combination of Windows & Microsoft IIS

NOTE - The .NET-based Agent can monitor .NET applications running on these particular combinations of Window & Microsoft IIS.

Windows XP Professional 2002 – SP2 & SP3 / IIS Version 5.1 (32-bit)
    Windows 2000 5.000.2195 – SP4 / IIS Version 5.00.2195.6620
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition – SP1 / IIS Version 6.0 (32 & 64-bit)
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition – SP2 / IIS Version 6.0 (32 & 64-bit)
    Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition – SP2 / IIS Version 6.0 (32 & 64-bit)
    Windows Server 2008 - IIS 7.0 & 7.5 Application Server on Windows 2008 R2 (32 & 64-bit)
    Windows Server 7