DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  APM 9.6 Application Triage Map Improvements - documentation

Posted Aug 14, 2014 01:27 PM

In one of the 9.6 APM announcements there was mention of the following:

"

Application Triage Map Improvements

The new triage map improvements enable better triage through a new feature called

Component Mapping.  Now, you can provide a user-defined name for a common group

of backend socket calls (e.g., SAP ABAP) in order to simplify analysis and problem

isolation.

"

Can anyone provide any insight or where this feature is documented so I can figure out what it does and it we can <mis>use the feature to provide a way to provide some method of grouping the "By Front End" application names?

Currently our web applications web contexts are not standardized so we have some that start lower case, other that are upper case which puts a lower case A at the middle of the list after the capital M which makes a difficult 100+ listing even less user friendly.

Thanks,

Billy

• 2.  Re: APM 9.6 Application Triage Map Improvements - documentation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2014 04:42 PM

Hello Billy,

There is some information on the Triage Map socket grouping in the Config and Admin Guide. (CA APM Configuration and Administration Guide). Look for the topic "How to Group Sockets in the Triage Map". The grouping is for host/ port only though.

Hope this helps,

Tom

• 3.  Re: APM 9.6 Application Triage Map Improvements - documentation

Posted Aug 15, 2014 06:54 AM

Thank you Tom,

Yes it helps understand what the socket grouping does and don't look like I can misuse it to help with my problem.

Thanks again,

Billy