DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Posted Sep 01, 2014 08:26 AM

Hello,

I currently have a weird situation with a dashboard that contains 5 images. The dashboard can be opened in the Rich Client but it cannot be loaded in the WebUI. I did a test in which I started again with 0 images and always added 1 and checked the result. When I add the 5th image, the dashboard cannot be loaded anymore. It doesn't look like a specific image causes the problem because I also did another test in which I inserted one of the working images twice. Unfortunately, at the end my other dashboards could be opened but images are not displayed anymore. Looks like a restart of the WebUI is necessary to solve the problem. Does anyone of you has experienced similar behaviour? Do you know how to fix this problems.

Thanks for your answers!

Greetings,

Matthias Huber

• 2.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Posted May 30, 2016 10:14 PM

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

The image displays well in the thick client but not in webview.

Has some one found the solution?

Regards,

Leo

• 3.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 01:37 AM

Hi Leo,

The problem may be specific to the APM version - what version are you using?

I worked an old 9.6 case with a customer who was having similar problems.

During research thought it was image file size related as some use cases were fixed after jpg file compression e.g. using http://www.jpegreducer.com

However in the end file size was not proven to be a consistent factor.

Some fixes had already gone into 9.7 which resolved the problem in that case.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:14 AM

Thanks Lynn.

I am using APM 10.1 version.

I tried reducing the image size and also tried different file types (.PNG, .JPEG)

Still the issue persisted.

A restart of the MOM was performed as part of a different activity, after which the dashboard is displaying correctly in webview as well.

Is there a way to identify if there's any web caching problems or capacity related issues associated with webview?

Regards,

Leo

• 5.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 08:38 AM

Hi Matthias:

Perhaps debug logging or the upgrade Lynn suggests will resolve this issue. Please let us there are followup questions or the thread can be marked as closed

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:03 AM

Hi Matthias:

If the issue is not resolved by the end of the day, consider opening a case to get this moving forward

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:17 AM

Hi Hal,

this issue is nearly 2 years old. I stopped bothering a long time ago as their have been other issues to work on. I basically skipped the non-working images.

I might give it a try in future when the customer use a newer version (still on 9.6.). So testing this workaround cannot be done in one day.

Greetings,

Matthias

• 8.  Re: WebUI cannot open Dashboard with images which can be displayed by the Rich Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:24 AM

Thanks Matthias for your answer . Marking it as Answered for now to be revisited at a later date if needed.