DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Excel Files

Posted Mar 24, 2015 05:57 AM

Is there a way to tell CA APM not to collect information about Excel files?

Our operators use Excel files to upload bulk data into various databases.

CA APM thinks that this is a transaction and records it.

But there are many Excel files and CA APM cannot draw a map.

• 2.  Re: Excel Files

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2015 06:24 AM

Hi,

We would need more specific detail before providing some advice because monitoring Excel files is not immediately one of the capabiliites that springs to mind in APM.

Are you seeing this data in Introscope or CEM - you talk about a map so that tends to make me think of the Application Triage Map.

Or to put it another way, if you operators are using Excel to upload data to databases, why is APM detecting it at all ?

Either there is a Java application that is loading this data, in which case we would need to know which class/method is doing that work and assuming it is being instrumented, exclude that class/method from instrumentation.

If this is a CEM transaction, you should be looking at your business definitions for transactions and changing the definition so that this particular operation is not matched.

If we can better understand the technology involved and which map cannot be drawn, it could help us to help you further.

Thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: Excel Files

Posted Mar 24, 2015 06:41 AM

Hi David,

In the "Triage Map" section, when I click on a "Frontend", a map is drawn.

I see database icons next to Excel files.

In some cases, CA APM Introscope Workstation cannot draw a map and gives "map is too large to display" error.

We are using .NET in our company.

As I understand from your comment, I need to find the method to upload the data and exclude it from some configuration files.

Which configuration files should I use?

I don'T know the CA APM well but I see it is a distributed application running on many systems.

Should I edit config files in all systems we have (more than 5000)?