Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Posted Jul 12, 2017 04:09 AM
      |   view attached

I don´t know how to Specify language in Ca Plex, when i generate and build this is the error that comes to me on the screen . "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help." I´m used a version 7.2 of Ca Plex.

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  Re: "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Posted Jul 12, 2017 09:21 AM

use the model editor. Drag your function object to the source box, and select the triple Fn Language... from the upper central box, and select your corresponing language from the combo box at the upper right box (press enter). Language should be the one associate to your deployment platform (jdbc/odbc/rpg400 or rpgiv...)

By the way, ProcessGroup, differently to other functions, does not comes with a implementation language, because is usualy designed as a pattern or template. It´s preferable to inherit from it, and create a new function appart. If you generate it as part of a general build, but actually not in use, ignore the warning about generation language. It is usual it happens.

• 3.  Re: "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Posted Jul 13, 2017 02:46 AM

Thanks Jorge Ubeda, i can now  generate and build my programm and i don´t have more errors wiht a language.

• 4.  Re: "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Posted Jul 14, 2017 05:31 AM

Thank you, GonDev. Anyway, take in account the advise of George: inheritance of pattern Server External adds automatically a language triple, with the added value that language will be adopted associated to model configuration: if you are working configured for Storage/RPGIV it will be your implementation language, but if you need to create a variant for JDBC, (as an example), your implementation language will be changed accordingly.

Same for client side functions, inheriting from Client External.

• 5.  Re: "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 11:09 AM

Hi Gonzalo,

this Link maybe also useful.

"Specify an implementation language" error message during generation. 

regards

Thomas

• 6.  Re: "Specify an implementation language for Employee.Fetch.ProcessGroup before generating. Press F1 for more help."

Posted Jul 12, 2017 02:51 PM

tut tut...

ProcessGroup should not be implemented as Jorge suggests but used as a template to inherit from BUT please don't inherit from language Sys triples as advised, you should look to inherit from ServerExternal to prevent hardcoding of languages.