Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  TabDialog in JAVA - DesignTime: not registered

Posted Sep 05, 2017 11:58 AM

Hello,

at design time i get the message "PVTab Bean Control: This is not a registered ActiveX Control".

I try to register the PVTab-dll like described in the online help "Using JavaBeans with the ACTIVE Pattern Library" - no success.
    After copying the PVTab.dll from "C:\Users\Public\Documents\CA\Plex\7.2.1\class721\PatternLibs\ACTIVE\Beans" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\axbridge\bin" and run the command "regsvr32 PVTab.dll" the message says (translated) "The Register failed: the packed JavaBean is not located in directory <jre_home>\axbridge\bin" followed by (translated) "DllregisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005".

i run the command shell in administrator mode.

does anyone has an idea?

the tips in this forum does not work.

thanks in advance and best regards, tobias

EDIT: im using plex 7.2.1 on windows 10 64bit os

• 2.  Re: TabDialog in JAVA - DesignTime: not registered
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2017 03:21 AM

Hello THA,

The problem is that the last ActiveX Bridge has been removed from Java Version 1.8. See the following from Oracle:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8-compatibility-guide-2156366.html

You must follow the steps outlined in the Plex Online Help, chapter:

"Setting up to use CA JavaBeans on your Plex Java functions" running the registration of ActiveX Controls with jre6 only.

I had the same problem some time ago and discussed this with CA.

I asked them what were their future plans concerning Java Bean Support, The answer was that as of now the workaround was JRE 1.6. I am waiting to be updated on this.

Best regards

Anette-Nicole, NIIT

• 3.  Re: TabDialog in JAVA - DesignTime: not registered

Posted Sep 11, 2017 02:26 AM

It implies that a strong redesign is pending in Plex UI patterns. Dependencies on Activex technology are hurting them, and probably it will grow. I´m wonder if these issues would be discussed at current conference.

• 4.  Re: TabDialog in JAVA - DesignTime: not registered

Posted Sep 06, 2017 05:41 AM

Thank you Anette-Nicole, that works. I tried JRE 7 and it works fine. best regards, Tobias