Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Oracle SID Connection

Posted Apr 02, 2017 07:04 PM

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using SID. On Plex help:

Windows application

The details for each logical connection name must be specified in

• The INI file for a WinC client.
    • The  registry for a WinNTC C++ server application. Use the Environment Manager rather than editing the registry directly.

If the specified connection name cannot be found at run time, the name is assumed to the name of a DSN or SID. If no such DSN or SID exists, then no connection is made, and an error occurs.

[ODBC-CON: DBOne] DSN=My DSN Name Userid=Fred Password= Database= Errorlog=True Default Connect=True
    [ORA-CON: DBTwo]SID=An Oracle Database Userid=Fred Password= Errorlog=True Default Connect=True

But by using the second method (SID instead of ODBC) I always obtain this error : ORA-12560: TNS Protocol adapter error. I haven't found any other help about this kind of connection. I've tried it in two different computers (testing first the SID connection with tnsping command) and obtain the same error.

Any help will be welcome!

Adolfo

• 2.  Re: Oracle SID Connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:49 AM

Dear Adolfo

Please have a look on

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC537685.html
    This Technical Document shows good sample how configure this. 

regards

Thomas

• 3.  RE: Re: Oracle SID Connection

Posted Nov 26, 2019 02:42 PM
    Hi Thomas,

I'm trying to access the kba you send in this post, but now it is unreachable. ¿Can you obtain a new link for this?

Regards!
    Adolfo

• 4.  Re: Oracle SID Connection

Posted Apr 04, 2017 01:40 AM

Hello Adolfo,

Do you need to connect to multiple databases?

If you do not need it, I think you can make SID connection by using Plex environment manager.

For information on setting up the Plex environment manager, see CA Plex Help - Tools - Environment Manager.

For information on configuring ini files, refer to CA Plex Help - Platform - Windows NT and Windows Server - Windows C ++ Server Platform Guide - Deploying Windows C ++ Server Application - Setting up the NT Environment in the Client Application's INI File.

Regards,
    Hifumi