Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

How to start a BASE job and remote job as400

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How to start a BASE job and remote job as400

Posted 05-08-2017 10:30 AM

Hi, 

I have a few question on jobs on the as400 and what they mean or do in plex.

In our runtime INI files we have  the following Remote and BaseServer.

1. What is the difference between these 2 jobs ? 

What I think is the base job gets started first and then all the remote jobs are child jobs of the base jobs like a shell? or is somehow linked.

2. How would I go about implementing a base job- remote job system? Or how in code do I start a base job and how do I then start remote jobs. I am using RPG plex functions the cient is WINC.

For example I have a log on screen( where I want to start the basejob - remote job) and all the other calls in the framework should then be remote jobs. If there's code in plex WINC I would appreciate it  and if you can explain the difference between the type of jobs.

Using Plex7.2 AS400

Client side WINC and backend is rpg.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to start a BASE job and remote job as400
    Best Answer

Posted 05-09-2017 12:51 AM

Hello,

I guess you are probably doing dynamic application partitioning.

Functions that you do not set up partitioning will use the settings in the [Remote] section of the ini file.
    For example, for a function that is set to triple "FNC  located on NME  BaseServer" at design time, the setting in the [BaseServer] section of the ini file is used.

Application partitioning can also be set when deploying or running applications.

For information on setting up the dynamic application partitioning, see CA Plex Help - CA Plex User Guides - Dynamic Application Partitioning.

Regards,
    Hifumi

• 3.  Re: How to start a BASE job and remote job as400

Posted 05-09-2017 01:38 AM

Thanks for the info.