Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Does someone built a datawarehouse using IBM db2 database?

Posted Jul 14, 2017 02:13 PM

Hi everybody,

We are looking to build a datawarehouse to create reporting. As we use IBM i Db2 did some of you have a datawarehouse with this type of database?

If so, how do you achive it?

• 2.  Re: Does someone built a datawarehouse using IBM db2 database?

Posted Jul 17, 2017 02:41 PM

check out  qlik,  (qlik.com) they have couple of tools that are being used by my current client with the IBM i Db2 

• 3.  Re: Does someone built a datawarehouse using IBM db2 database?

Posted Jul 18, 2017 08:34 AM

well qlik is literally down the road from me in Lund, Sweden but they never felt my CA Plex skills were useful/applicable/worthy to them so have failed in 3 attempts to get an interview. I won't be advocating their products (we are all customers..mr qlik).

If you are using Plex you have the the original integrator tool, just use it to move snap shots to sql server data base off the ibm i.

I work in the integration space (Mulesoft / Jitterbit) and I see this first hand the re-emergence of the popularity of the datawarehouse for BI, BPM etc etc.

But if possible I would actually stop this moving of data across or inter platforms and use Mulesoft's philosophy of "application network" and API...most likely a bit much for CA Plex customer base thou.