Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  JAVA - dynamically load combo box

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:24 PM

Hi, i tried out the following:

JAVA Dynamic combo box 

but i have no success with the source codes. it seems that the result of the following statement is null:

myCombo = (ObRun.ObPanel.ObCtrlGui.ObComboGui)ObUserAPI.getControlByName(this.getCaller(), new ObCharFld("*Current"), &(1:).toString());         if (myCombo != null)

myCombo is null because the program runs into else of this if.

does anyone has an idea?

environment is plex 7.2.1 with java 8.

i named the control at panel design and submitted this value via paramter mapping into the source code.

thanks in advance and best regards.

Tobias

• 2.  Re: JAVA - dynamically load combo box

Posted Sep 08, 2017 09:18 AM

Update:

it works if i call the function from within ca plex as stand-alone call of the function (right context menu and oprion RUN)

it does not work if i call the function outside of plex within my regular menushell construct: double click the .bat of my menu program and within this one menu point is the function and then it does not work.

best regards, tobias

• 3.  Re: JAVA - dynamically load combo box

Posted Sep 11, 2017 02:48 AM

It still does not work. i tried all Options of the function "getFunctionPanel" which is called by "getControlByName". the Options i tried are

*Active, *Current, *Main, *Caller, *Parent, *FirstFunctionWithPanel

Does anyone has an idea?

best regards, Tobias

• 4.  Re: JAVA - dynamically load combo box
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2017 04:30 AM

Now it works.

we changed the following Statement

myCombo = (ObRun.ObPanel.ObCtrlGui.ObComboGui)ObUserAPI.getControlByName(this.getCaller(), new ObCharFld("*Current"), &(1:).getValue());

to

myCombo = (ObRun.ObPanel.ObCtrlGui.ObComboGui)ObUserAPI.getControlByName(this, new ObCharFld("*Current"), &(1:).getValue());

best regards, tobias