Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Where do you set table size to nomax DB2 AS400 Generation of tables?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 07:18 AM

Hi, 

We are in the process of upgrading from Plex 6.1 to Plex 7.2 what we have noticed is that when compiling a table using plex 7.2 the table generates with a size limit. But using Plex6.1 there is no limit to the amount of data that can be stored in the table. I cant remember in plex 6.1 where we configured plex to generate or create the table object with a nomax option.

Any ideas what I need to change in plex 7.2 to configure the table to have no limit in the amount of data that can be stored?

Using plex7.2  with DB2 as database.

• 2.  Re: Where do you set table size to nomax DB2 AS400 Generation of tables?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2017 08:04 AM

nothing has ever been exposed into the IDE to do this and we have commonly just changed the create obj message on the IBMi which is supplied with CA Plex

plex help searching for topic Making compiler overrides for System i builds
    The compile commands for the IBM i objects can be found in a MSGF named YKTRCMSG.

• 3.  Re: Where do you set table size to nomax DB2 AS400 Generation of tables?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 08:11 AM

It would be nice to have a compiler override at a function (object) level a la CA 2E, so that the override is stored linked to the function (object) in the model itself. Maybe this could be added as an Idea ... you would get certainly my vote for that!

Best,

Jorge Quincke

• 4.  Re: Where do you set table size to nomax DB2 AS400 Generation of tables?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 08:34 AM

compiler override at object level...it would be a good enhancement...Jorge, go ahead with the idea!

• 5.  Re: Where do you set table size to nomax DB2 AS400 Generation of tables?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 09:36 AM

Thanks that's exactly what we did with plex 6.1.