Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 20, 2017 01:32 PM

Snapshot of read only action diagram

I just opened my local plex model this morning and all of my action diagrams are in read only mode.
    What do I do to allow me to edit?

• 2.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 04:10 AM

usually happens if you have accidentally changed your configuration and you are not authorised to the level version

Or yesterday someone changed the your permissions on the group model

• 3.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 06:01 AM

I actually created a new local model from the group model and still had the issues.

I would assume that it would need to be the group model that is the issue.

I will see what I can do, but I am not very familiar with the intricacies of PLEX.

• 4.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 06:53 AM

do you have another local that works. If so open the configuration dialog of the local and cross check it with your new local and check the settings are the same.

If not difference you need to speak to the group model administrator to see if permissions were changed. If you ARE the admin then did you change anything in the group model with the reference to versions, levels and permissions recently?

• 5.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 07:54 AM

Thank you so much for all of this information.
    I have already sent an email to the other PLEX developer to give me a screenshot of is config.

• 6.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 07:02 AM

Security Tab

Permissions

Permissions allow you to completely restrict the use of certain objects. Each object has three possible permissions, as described below. The Group option is dimmed if the object owner does not belong to a user group. All the options are dimmed if you do not have the authority to edit the permissions of this object.

User

Only the current owner of the object is authorized to it.

User group

The current owner and all members of that user's user group are authorized to it.

World

Any group model user can change the object.

Only the owner of an object and the model administrator are authorized to edit the permissions of an object. By default, the owner of an object is the user who created it, but you can change the owner later.

Default to current for

Click the Object button to default to the current permission settings for the object. Click the User button to default to the current permission settings for the user.

See Object Permissions and Change Owner/Permissions Dialog for additional information.

Note: Be aware that you can change an object's ownership to another CA Plex user, but this can affect your own permissions to edit that object. If an object's ownership is changed and the Details dialog's Apply button is clicked, then the object being edited could become read-only. In such a case, the current user's changes would take affect, because the Apply button had been clicked, but the user would now be locked out of making any further changes to the object. This would be reflected in the dialog's title bar; it would include the words "Read Only" and all editable controls would become disabled. Also, a change of ownership could also affect the read-only status of objects being edited in other editors, such as the Action Diagrammer, Panel Designer, and Diagrammer.

• 7.  Re: Why is Action Diagram in Read Only Mode?

Posted Mar 21, 2017 07:55 AM

I really appreciate all of your feedback.
    I will do what I can and inform the forum of my findings.