Plex 2E

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

• 1.  C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 25, 2016 02:02 PM

Hi - I've just upgraded to 7.2.1 and now my C++ builds aren't starting - the screen just flashes a little but nothing happens.

I'm sure this is something simple as I remember in the dim and distant past that it has happened before just after an upgrade and that there was something easy to do - but I have forgotten what that something was!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Mark

• 2.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 25, 2016 02:47 PM

I remember that was required to open and close Visual Studio 5 at least one time before Plex compiling.  

I am testing 7.2.1 with Visual Studio 2013 and got an error during building, had to download and install this vc_mbcsmf.exe.

Currently I got a loading error of Crystal Activex on panels and trying to solve it, something strange because I am working with 7.2 version in the same Windows 7 PC without any Activex problem.

Raul

• 3.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:30 AM

Hi, Raul. Have you solved the loading error yet? If not, please post a screenshot of the error message.

• 4.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 26, 2016 10:36 PM

Hi Stephen,

I have tried to find a solution in different ways but I have not been lucky.  Attached the screenshot of the error.

As I said before 7.2 version  is working fine in the same Windows 7 PC with the original Plex model.  Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you,

Raul

• 5.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 11:07 PM

Raul, please describe the steps you have already taken that have not been successful.

Cheers,

Stephen

• 6.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 27, 2016 01:51 PM

Hello Stephen, I did this:

. Tried to see what are the Activex Custom Properties in the Panel Properties but than can't be done because the Activex is not loaded.

. Successfully re-registered Crytl32.ocx.

. Copied the Obax.lic in the ....Gen/Release folder.

Same error again, so:

. Deleted the Activex in the panel, then I tried to put it again selecting the Activex description and got the same error.

. Deleted the Activex in the panel, then I tried to put it again using browse and selecting Crystl32.ocx and got the same error.

. Deleted the Activex in the panel, then I tried to put it again using browse and selecting the Crviewer.dll, the Activex selection window automatically set the focus in the Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.0, ready for the Create action, pressed Enter and got the same error.

.  There are no any errors during building (7.2.1, VS 2013 SP5, MBFC Library, C++, Win 7).  I noticed this problem at runtim e and the error message is the same.  Other functions without this Activex does perform well.

Thank you,

Raul

• 7.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:07 PM

Hi Raul - I remember having to do that too in previous releases but trying it again noe at 7.2.1 now it still doesn't work.

Thanks for replying.

Mark

• 8.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:20 PM

Mark, did you upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 Update 5, and install the Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013? 

MS Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48129 

Multibye MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013 Download link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40770

Looks like these microsoft links are down right now, so you may have to access these downloads via MSDN.

HTH,

Stephen

• 9.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:13 PM

Hi Stephen - I admit I haven't - I did see that 7.2.1 supported an updated version od VS but I didn't realise that it was compulsory. Is this the case.

Thanks for your help. I have VS 2010 here - soes this mean I need to buy VS 2013? If so what 'flavour' of this would you recommend me buying?

Best regards,

Mark

• 10.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:33 PM

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure what are the terms of your license agreement with Microsoft, but you will need Visual Studio 2013 Update 5. 

You may use the Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 community edition with CA Plex 7.2.1, but I'd be careful about using it to develop and deploy commercial apps as the community edition license is only for non-commercial use, but I'm guessing you could use it to develop sales demo apps (maybe). If you want to develop commerical apps, then I'd go with the professional edition:

Here's a link to the downloads on Microsoft's website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3021976 

Don't forget to install the Multibyte MFC library for Visual Studio 2013, as this is also a requirement for building C++ apps in CA Plex 7.2.1:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40770

Cheers,

Stephen

• 11.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:41 PM

Thanks so much for your help Stephen - I'll go for the Community Edition for now and let my company sort me out later with the Professional Edition.

Again, many thanks - and for the links too.

Best regards,

Mark

• 12.  Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 04:43 PM

You're very welcome, Mark. Happy to help. 

Take care,

Stephen

• 13.  RE: Re: C++ failing to initiate build at 7.2.1

Posted Jun 23, 2021 08:26 AM
    Hello,
    Hi - I've just upgraded to 7.2.1 from 6.1 and i have the same problem with Crystal report Viewer 11
    i have installed visual studio professional 20130 update 5 e mfc libraries  the errore is the same 

Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.0 : could not be loaded
    (Possible custom properties requirment)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers.
    Michela