Plex 2E

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Job Scheduler or Workload Automation tool wanted

• 1.  Job Scheduler or Workload Automation tool wanted

Posted Nov 25, 2014 01:10 PM

Hi all,

we have a request from a customer for a Job Scheduler or Workload Automation tool to allow them to launch and monitor processes in Windows, Java or even the AS400 (optional) – preferably from a single control panel.

Processes will mainly be Plex functions in those languages, so I am posting this here because they want the tool to have been built with Plex so that there could be some sort of integration (eg parameters interface).

If such Plex-integrated tools don't exist, we will have to consider others like CA's CA Workload Automation D Series. If anyone has any tool to recommend, I'll be glad to know about it.

Many thanks in advance,

Jorge Quincke

Near Technologies

• 2.  Re: Job Scheduler or Workload Automation tool wanted

Posted Dec 02, 2014 10:40 AM

Anyone have any suggestions for Jorge?

Jorge Quincke wrote:

Hi all,

we have a request from a customer for a Job Scheduler or Workload Automation tool to allow them to launch and monitor processes in Windows, Java or even the AS400 (optional) – preferably from a single control panel.

Processes will mainly be Plex functions in those languages, so I am posting this here because they want the tool to have been built with Plex so that there could be some sort of integration (eg parameters interface).

If such Plex-integrated tools don't exist, we will have to consider others like CA's CA Workload Automation D Series. If anyone has any tool to recommend, I'll be glad to know about it.

Many thanks in advance,

Jorge Quincke

Near Technologies