Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Any one have any more detailed Information on What ports YOBSYTCPDP  uses

Posted Oct 02, 2014 01:14 PM

I need to provide more details (Audit) on what System ports the Iseries PLEX Dispatcher Uses when using YOBSYTCPDP -

I am sure I have seen some documentation on this but I cannot locate it -

Any one have or know how the Dispatcher allocates a range of ports and if this is configurable?

• 2.  Re: Any one have any more detailed Information on What ports YOBSYTCPDP  uses

Posted Oct 06, 2014 12:18 PM

Anybody have any ideas for WayneMorgan?

Wayne Morgan wrote:

I need to provide more details (Audit) on what System ports the Iseries PLEX Dispatcher Uses when using YOBSYTCPDP -

I am sure I have seen some documentation on this but I cannot locate it -

Any one have or know how the Dispatcher allocates a range of ports and if this is configurable?

• 3.  Re: Any one have any more detailed Information on What ports YOBSYTCPDP  uses

Posted Oct 06, 2014 02:22 PM

Hi Wayne,

The YOBSYTCPDP dispatcher uses a single port for all communications between the client and the server, and you can assign the port number to be used when you start the dispatcher.

Example:

SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(PLEX700/YOBSYTCPDP) PARM('62000')) JOB(YOBLISTEN) JOBD(PLEX700/PLEX) JOBQ(QGPL/QINTER)

The parameter passed into the YOBSYTCPDP (or YOBSYTCP) program must be an available, unused port number.

You can use any port number that is not in the range of port numbers previously registered with the Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA).  These registered ports are typically within the range of 0 to 1023, so we recommend using port numbers between 3000 and 61000 to avoid conflicts with lower numbers as they become registered.

Since the YOBSYTCPDP dispatcher uses only a single port for all connecting clients, this is the recommended dispatcerh to be used within a firewall.  The YOBSYTCP dispatcher on the other hand,  uses multiple ports in the range of 1024-65000 and there is no way to control which ports will be used, so it cannot be used within a firewall.

I hope this answers your question.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Jill Hitz