Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

Plex 7.2 support for java

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Plex 7.2 support for java

Posted 05-11-2015 03:18 PM

Hi all,

I'm working currently with Plex 6.1, just planning to move to 7.2. We need to manage several models working in java variants, which we suppose we need to upgrade to Java 7, as a requirement of Plex 7.2 (see CA Plex Compatibility Matrix for Supported Releases, page 4, Plex - Java Environments). But today we become a little confused reading the Plex 7.2 wiki, which states support for Java 6. Which one is the correct version?.

• 2.  Re: Plex 7.2 support for java

Posted 05-13-2015 11:55 AM

Is anyone able to assist with the above question?

Thank you!

Jorge Ubeda wrote:

Hi all,

I'm working currently with Plex 6.1, just planning to move to 7.2. We need to manage several models working in java variants, which we suppose we need to upgrade to Java 7, as a requirement of Plex 7.2 (see CA Plex Compatibility Matrix for Supported Releases, page 4, Plex - Java Environments). But today we become a little confused reading the Plex 7.2 wiki, which states support for Java 6. Which one is the correct version?.

• 3.  Re: Plex 7.2 support for java

Posted 05-13-2015 12:09 PM

Hi Jorge,

The Compatibility Matrix is the correct version, so you are correct that you need to upgrade to Java 7.

I apologize for the confusion and I will notify the team that the Plex 7.2 wiki needs to be updated. Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,

Jill Hitz

CA Plex Support

• 4.  Re: Plex 7.2 support for java
    Best Answer

Posted 05-14-2015 09:56 AM

Hi Jorge,

I just wanted to let you know that both the Plex 7.1 and Plex 7.2 wikis have been updated with Java 7 as a requirement.

Thank you again for pointing this out.

Regards,

Jill Hitz

CA Plex Support

• 5.  Re: Plex 7.2 support for java

Posted 05-15-2015 03:10 AM

Thank you, Jill, for solving this mismatch quickly. In most cases, prospects, developers or customers, have more probably access to the wiki than the support site. It should be as accurate as the Plex product Help system, but if you give a look on it you will see several issues like this. By this reason, I tend to not use it, but in this case, was a customer of us the one confused.

Kindly

Jorge Ubeda

• 6.  Re: Plex 7.2 support for java

Posted 05-18-2015 03:05 PM

Hello Jorge,

You're welcome! We completely agree that the Plex Wiki should be as accurate as the Plex product Help system and that is definitely our goal. We appreciate you pointing out the inconsistencies or inaccuracies because we want the Wiki to be the place that all prospects, developers, and customers can depend on for accurate information.

If you or anyone on this community see any inaccurate information on the Plex Wiki, I encourage you to use the "Add Comment" button at the bottom of every Wiki page to let us know. Our Documentation team monitors the comments and will be happy to make any necessary corrections as quickly as possible.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Jill Hitz

CA Plex Support