Plex 2E

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Web 2E Screen Allowing User to Select PC file and Email it as an Attachment

• 1.  Web 2E Screen Allowing User to Select PC file and Email it as an Attachment

Posted Jul 21, 2014 01:02 PM

Hi,

I am trying to develop a WEB 2E screen that will allow the user to select a file from their pc using a "Browse" button and then using a "Upload File" button send an email to a predefine email address with the selected file included as an attachment.  If anyone done something like this before and if so can you provide me with guidance on how I would go about making this work on my system?  I've attached a copy of the screen and html in it's current state.  I believe I have the "Browse" button working, I am just stuck on how to proceed with sending the email with an attachment.  I don't know if the file/data is available to me after the "Browse" button is processed to pass into a batch program where I can develop and send the the email from the iseries or if I need to develop like a Java program and use Java mail features on the iseries to handle sending the email?  Maybe there is a better way alltogether?  Any help you can provide me would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Attachment(s)

docx
    Upload Screen.docx   107 KB 1 version
    zip
    Upload HTML.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Web 2E Screen Allowing User to Select PC file and Email it as an Attachment

Posted Oct 02, 2014 10:07 AM

Anyone have any suggestions for John?

John Casteel wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to develop a WEB 2E screen that will allow the user to select a file from their pc using a "Browse" button and then using a "Upload File" button send an email to a predefine email address with the selected file included as an attachment.  If anyone done something like this before and if so can you provide me with guidance on how I would go about making this work on my system?  I've attached a copy of the screen and html in it's current state.  I believe I have the "Browse" button working, I am just stuck on how to proceed with sending the email with an attachment.  I don't know if the file/data is available to me after the "Browse" button is processed to pass into a batch program where I can develop and send the the email from the iseries or if I need to develop like a Java program and use Java mail features on the iseries to handle sending the email?  Maybe there is a better way alltogether?  Any help you can provide me would be appreciated.

Thanks

John