Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Javabean ActiveX Bridge

Posted Jun 11, 2014 11:12 PM

Is anyone using the activex bridge to wrap java bean controls? I have a POC I need to do in Java and I have a mapviewer bean that needs to be used extensively.

When I try and create teh wrapper i get a message of "Failed to generate .idl file"

Everything points to having to use a specific JDK or Visual studio version (from way back) which I dont want to have to find and install.

Is this still the way java beans are used in Plex or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for any help
         Gavin

• 2.  RE: Javabean ActiveX Bridge

Posted Jun 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Gavin,

I want to make a few things to be clear related Java Bean and Plex Java Client.

I think these are documented in Plex online help.

• Plex Java Client doesn't use the ActiveX-Java Bean Bridge at runtime. (It host Java bean directly.)
    • The ActiveX-Java Bean Bridge is used on Plex Panel Desiner at Design time, (Imagine Plex is C++ Application, so it needs it to load.)

Please take a look Active Pattern Library, those have functions hosting Java Beans and hope you get some hint from them.

Best,

Kiyoshi

• 3.  RE: Javabean ActiveX Bridge

Posted Jun 13, 2014 12:56 AM
    I did look at the active pattern but then had some questions regarding that, maybe you can clarify? 1) the actives parameter that uses the control name, I assume this is then just keeping the object being instantiated with the new command? 2) the visual placement and sizing would then need to be done through code? Thanks    Gavin

• 4.  Re: RE: Javabean ActiveX Bridge
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2014 03:27 PM

Gavin,

Using Java Bean with Plex Java app as Plex developer is as seamless as using one for ActiveX on WinC.

1) The "Control Name" property is used as a consistent name user can access it via Source code written in Java, which is the same for ActiveX on WinC.

2) I believe the Placement and Sizing are picked up from Panel Property like other controls do.

There are extra property for Java Bean called "Java Bean Class" property, Please read a help topic about "Java Bean Class Property".

Kiyoshi