Service Virtualization

View Only

Host parameter in the baseline test step headers

• 1.  Host parameter in the baseline test step headers

Posted Jun 12, 2020 06:04 AM
    Hi ,

We are trying to leverage the Baseline tests created in the portal for running quick smoke tests on the applications in the deployment pipeline itself as a part of CI-CD implementation.

The idea is basically to enable the testing community to use portal to create the baseline tests and download them as Mar files and keep them in a repository. When pipeline executes, it will take these baselines and trigger them using the external config provided to run against desired application endpoints post deployments.

But one challenge I'm seeing is when we create the baseline tests , there is an argument called host in every test step header which basically holds the value of the recorder ip and port. So when I'm trying to execute the mar file with the test-invoke api, by passing the external config (will have the WSSERVER and WSPORT values) , the test steps are failing even though the WSSERVER and WSPORT values of the test steps are replaced with the values from the external config.

upon investigation, I found that , the test steps are using the host argument in the header and trying to hit that recorder endpoint rather than using the WSSERVER and WSPORT values provisioned by the external config. If I manually remove the host key from each header in test step, the test case works as expected.

This brings in a dependency on having the workstation on testers machines and to modify that baseline test every time they create one. Is there any possibility to handle this either while creating the baseline test or while running using the test-invoke api?

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Shivakumar.
    ------------------------------