Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  how to achieve form-data feature in devtest which is having in post man

Posted Feb 25, 2020 11:30 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi Team,

One of my development team asking us to test with form-data which is existing in the postman for  a rest call with POST HTTO method, So Please let me know how do i achieve same in DevTest with REST STEP, i have tried the same by giving key and values in the URL tab but i am getting an error.

Attachment(s)

docx
    form-data in post man.docx   34 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: how to achieve form-data feature in devtest which is having in post man

Posted Jan 12, 2021 07:51 AM
    Is there any update from CA DevTest experts on this?

• 3.  RE: how to achieve form-data feature in devtest which is having in post man

Posted Jan 12, 2021 07:57 AM

Classification: Internal

Hi Sak,

For an HTTP POST call the form-data goes into the body of the request. (For a GET it would go into the URL)

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 4.  RE: how to achieve form-data feature in devtest which is having in post man

Posted Jan 13, 2021 12:12 AM
    Hi Saikiran,

For using Form-data in CA devTest, you might need to configure the header Content-Type as well to multipart/form-data; in request header

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------