Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Posted Apr 05, 2022 03:05 PM
    Hello Team,

My devtest Server is installed on AWS linux instance and is accessed behind an NLB-Proxy set up , through a VPCE DNS.

I am able to connect to this server registry from my on-prem  devtest workstation through this VPCE:
    tcp://VPCE_DNS:2010/Registry

and the Devtest portal through:
    http://VPCE_DNS:1507/

I am unable to directly upload the mar files from my workstation as the default VSE is shown to have the Private subnet ip, which cannot be accessed.
    If I try to enter the VPCE DNS in the VirtualServiceEnvironmentService.vmoptions, my VSE crashes.

I then uploaded my mar file to: /opt/CA/DevTest/vseDeploy/VSE_2013

but I am unable to see the mar file when i access my devtest portal : http://VPCE_DNS:1507/

What other connectivity needs to be established or what else needs to be done?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks and Regards,
    Sayana Varughese

• 2.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2022 09:00 AM
    Edited by Marcy Nunns Apr 15, 2022 09:31 AM
    What ended up being the problem, was the vsm was uploaded to the Portal.  Needed to create a mar file, then upload to the Portal and then could see from the VSE.

Regards,
    Marcy

• 3.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Posted Apr 06, 2022 11:13 AM
    There is no error seen on the portal. I just don't see my MAR file on the portal, even though I have added it to the VSE_2013 deploy folder.

• 4.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2022 11:20 AM
    Hi Sayana, Are you able to see any other VS's or not seeing any?

May be a WebEx would be good to verify your accessibility to your VSE server. Could you open a support case?

Regards,
    Prema

• 5.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Posted Apr 06, 2022 12:37 PM
    Hello,

I do see : 

But my VSE is:
    My DevTest server is installed on a linux system. Also, I just wanted to confirm if the path to place the mar files have not changed.

I am in the process of opening a support case but in the meantime looking for any additional support as well.

• 6.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2022 12:48 PM
    The path of the MAR file should be DevTest_HOME/vseDeploy/VSE_2013 folder, where VSE_2013 is the name of the VSE and Port number. By default VSE name is 'VSE' and the port is '2013' that is why the folder is VSE_2013.

If you copied the MAR file in the correct path then you should see it in VSE.

Regards,
    Prema

• 7.  RE: Unable to view the mar files on devtest portal VSE dashboard

Posted Apr 15, 2022 02:26 AM
    Hi Sayana,

As mentioned by Prema, please ensure they are copied in right location and then restart the components once.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------