Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  AD configuration for User Authentication

Posted Aug 13, 2020 05:09 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to use the Active Directory Authentication for the DEVTEST workstation and portal.
    I followed the link below for the settings but I do see the userpassword in the settings.
    What password should be provided here and shout it be encrypted , if yes how should it be encrypted?
    I am using Ver 10.1.

Please let mw know.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/devtest-solutions/10-1/administering/security/access-control-acl/acl-configuration-scenarios.html#concept.dita_5d288119c2d64f83f9a9e7231187c784a3cbf3d9_AuthenticatewithLDAPADandmanageuserrolesinldt

• 2.  RE: AD configuration for User Authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2020 05:32 AM
    HI Lakshmi
             Thats the password of the LDAP user that is used for connecting to the LDAP server. You would give a plain text password here, which would be encrypted later by the tool.

Btw please consider upgrading to latest version soon. 10.1 is an old and unsupported release.

--
    regards
    Sankar Natarajan

• 3.  RE: AD configuration for User Authentication

Posted Aug 13, 2020 10:00 AM
    Hi Lakshmi,

As suggested by Sankar use text password. Passwords saved in devtest refrence file are usually gets encrypted automatically.

Like for property " lisadb.pool.common.password" post saving password it becomes "lisadb.pool.common.password_enc"

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------