Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Identify tokens in multiple (1000s) of conversation starters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 02:06 PM
    I have a situation where I am importing many 1000s of request/response pairs containing many conversation starters.
    Is there a way to say "For all transactions in the left-hand-side, use JSESSIONID" instead of manually selecting each value. 

• 2.  RE: Identify tokens in multiple (1000s) of conversation starters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 10:25 AM
    Is there a way to identify the tokens as part of the rrpair files (e.g. sidecar)?
    Basically I need a way to bulk-identify the JSESSIONID for 1,176 transactions... doing that by hand in the UI is too tedious.

• 3.  RE: Identify tokens in multiple (1000s) of conversation starters
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2019 10:36 AM
    Hi Frederick,

Maybe someone comes with a supported solution to your problem and that would be preferable over what I will suggest below.

I don't have a specific solution to your problem, I guess that if I were to be in your situation I would probably do a mass regex-based find and replace in the vsi-file using Notepad++. So, do one manually, look into what changed in the vsi's xml for that one, and then find a regex that allows you to do the same by find and replace.

Cheers,
    Danny

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Danny
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Identify tokens in multiple (1000s) of conversation starters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the reply Danny.

I actually have a home-grown python script that can open and manipulate vsi files. I use it to post-process an import (for changing match rules, etc), but I feel like the complexity might be too great for this kind of operation. I will definitely take it into consideration!

Thanks,
    Fred